What temperatue do you have your heating set at?

therealhantsram

What temperatue do you have your heating set at?  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Working from home and finding it a bit too chilly sitting still at a desk today, and had to put the heating on.

Set the thermostat tp 20C.  Down from last year when I would have had it at 21C. Might set it at 19C in the evening when I can happily sit under a blanket to to watch the telly.

Curious what you're setting others are setting their heating at this year.

Mine's not on yet albeit sitting working from home I've progressed to a jumper and slippers.  As well as central heating I have a log fire and just booked the chimney sweep for a clear out and to get rid of a jackdaw nest....then I'll be starting on the tonne of logs I bought earlier in the summer. I will probably go for 17-19 when I give in to the moans of the wife and kids!

Currently trying a new approach of an extra layer, light some tea-lights, shut some doors, and set the heating at 16.5c.  I've already tapped it up a degree or two on occasion, in the evenings.  

Trying to avoid past (bad) habits of "Anywhere between 20c and 22.5c"... whilst wandering around in shorts and tees!  ?  

EDIT:

I meant Internal doors, obvs!  No smart arse quips, please!  ?

Edited by Mucker1884

12 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Central heating is for cissies anyway. Didn't use to have central heating did we

Nope, 1st house was a council house in Chadd, Winters were brutal in the late 70s, Ice on all the window sills , Metal window frames single glazing, Gas fire in the living room, No shower, Bath then run down stairs in front of said fire to dry off.

We had a council house exchange mid 80s to Sinfin, House was 11 years old, Double glazing and central heating...luxury ? 

18 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Central heating is for cissies anyway. Didn't use to have central heating did we? 

1 minute ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Nope, 1st house was a council house in Chadd, Winters were brutal in the late 70s, Ice on all the window sills , Metal window frames single glazing, Gas fire in the living room, No shower, Bath then run down stairs in front of said fire to dry off.

We had a council house exchange mid 80s to Sinfin, House was 11 years old, Double glazing and central heating...luxury ? 

morgan-freeman-im-done.gif

??

6 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

morgan-freeman-im-done.gif

??

I'll not mention Mum and Dads house again in Chadd in 1963 the BIG FREEZE!, When we only had a coal fire, And had to rely on the coalman turning up, Or it was going to the back of the coal shed to get a shovel full of slack, Try burning that stuff ☹️

So I'll not mention it Happy Hocus Pocus GIF by Freeform?

3 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

I'll not mention Mum and Dads house again in Chadd in 1963 the BIG FREEZE!, When we only had a coal fire, And had to rely on the coalman turning up, Or it was going to the back of the coal shed to get a shovel full of slack, Try burning that stuff ☹️

Was it a bit chilly Alf ? 

3 hours ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Think yersen lucky, Unlucky Alf!  I was born in that January… naked!  ?

4 hours ago, Rev said:

Surely you don't have the heating on all day?

It doesn't stay on all day, it just comes on to maintain 17c. With good insulation, the temp is maintained well. You burn loads heating a house from 10c to 18c.

My bills are pretty low. 

9 hours ago, Boycie said:

Top tip, turn the heating temp on your boiler down to 65-70

This may be a stupid question… but I’m not proud…

the cooler the water in the CH system, the longer the system takes to reach the temp set by the room thermostat? ?‍♂️

is that an advantage over hotter water/quicker to reach the set room temp?  ?‍♂️

Is this similar to @sage’s comments re keeping a moderate temp all around the clock (which I tend to agree with, in theory). ?‍♂️