Lincoln v Derby (A) Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

Just now, dcfcreece1601 said:

Is anyone else really underwhelmed with hourihane so far? I kept saying he would be levels above but he seems below half of the midfielders we play currently? 

I am, but I honestly think that playing him and Bird together is contributing to the underwhelming performances from both of them to be fair. It just doesn't work.

Just now, dcfcreece1601 said:

Is anyone else really underwhelmed with hourihane so far? I kept saying he would be levels above but he seems below half of the midfielders we play currently? 

Physically I think he's almost completely shot tbh, and it's resulting in him playing 9 sloppy passes for every 1 good one for the highlights.

That could be a current fitness issue but it was noted just how slow he was and how little he did off the ball before he came here, so maybe not.

Absolutely shocking first half. We have nice passages of play here and there but Knights foul really f'd up our plans of controlling the game and working our way into it, which is why I've been saying for the longest that we need a rb in the form of what we've had over the last however many years. Fast both going forward and defending. Knight is a box to box midfielder and we could actually do with him there more than at rb right now.

Didzy needs to come on in place of Collins IMO as we need to keep hold of the ball infront of their box instead of wasting possession. 

Shocking first half, much needed improvement needed.

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

That excuse doesn’t wash anymore though does it. The personnel we have selected are hampering the way we can play 

I do partly agree about the midfield being disjointed but I think they’re expecting to walk all over teams with doing very little running. We’re everyone’s cup final in this league and we’re being massively outworked.