Morecambe v Derby (A) Matchday thread

Bwash_Ram

23 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

The United Kingdom is a unitary state that is governed within the framework of a parliamentary democracy under a constitutional monarchy in which the monarch, currently King Charles, is the head of state. 

Don’t think the phrase live in a monarchy is quite right but not to worry ?

I just want the Wycombe game moved (I have to go to a wedding so will miss that tasty encounter) 

Meanwhile, selfish thoughts aside, HRH was a remarkable monarch. 70 years, most of our lifetimes. We’ve gone through Cold War, World Cup wins, the pill, An empire disbanded by consent rather than collapsed. The end of the shame of divorce, decriminalisation of homosexuality, Churchill, Wilson, Callaghan, Maggie, Blair. Concorde, The Falklands, the fall of communism , the Internet, smart phones, cars that don’t go rusty. The Beatles, The Stones and of course; Brian Clough. 

15 PM’s .. 1000 years as an unbroken line, yet we can still speak our minds, scandals are just news, opinions are what they are with no fallout other than for those involved. 

I don’t think we should cancel games, we should give a rousing cheer and a loud rendition of GSTQ but there’s always tomorrow so Que sara sara. 

5 minutes ago, Mick Brolly said:

Why not ?

It’s not a small sacrifice is it. People will have booked trains and hotels, to cancel a match at less than 48 hours notice during the cost of living crisis is ridiculous. What’s wrong with a minute silence and black armbands. If people want to mourn then don’t go but don’t force it on everyone 

I'm afraid I think the games will be cancelled on Saturday but hopefully not after that (unless the State Funeral clashes with more fixtures)

Remember games get cancelled if the authorities think someone may slip on some ice on streets near a stadium so a monarch dying for the first time in 70 years is rather a big deal

Also, from a local point of view, this is the lady who made the effort to open our stadium - & she's only done that for a very small number of new stadiums - us & MK Dons ?

Edited by SamUltraRam

10 minutes ago, AGR said:

It’s not a small sacrifice is it. People will have booked trains and hotels, to cancel a match at less than 48 hours notice during the cost of living crisis is ridiculous. What’s wrong with a minute silence and black armbands. If people want to mourn then don’t go but don’t force it on everyone 

What if the club doesn't want the game to go ahead?

45 minutes ago, jono said:

I just want the Wycombe game moved (I have to go to a wedding so will miss that tasty encounter) 

Meanwhile, selfish thoughts aside, HRH was a remarkable monarch. 70 years, most of our lifetimes. We’ve gone through Cold War, World Cup wins, the pill, An empire disbanded by consent rather than collapsed. The end of the shame of divorce, decriminalisation of homosexuality, Churchill, Wilson, Callaghan, Maggie, Blair. Concorde, The Falklands, the fall of communism , the Internet, smart phones, cars that don’t go rusty. The Beatles, The Stones and of course; Brian Clough. 

15 PM’s .. 1000 years as an unbroken line, yet we can still speak our minds, scandals are just news, opinions are what they are with no fallout other than for those involved. 

I don’t think we should cancel games, we should give a rousing cheer and a loud rendition of GSTQ but there’s always tomorrow so Que sara sara. 

1000 year unbroken line? 

18 minutes ago, jono said:

Well it swerves about a bit for sure but there’s shared blood pretty much back to Alfred the Great

The Anglo Saxon King, whose lineage was replaced by Normans

They French then Dutch then German. Danny Dyer is as Royal 

Edited by sage

54 minutes ago, YouRams said:

A gathering of the people for a minutes applause, singing the national anthem is surely more respectful than everyone sat at home p***** off the footballs cancelled. Why does mourning have to be doom and gloom we should celebrate their lives. 

i agree. my grandma always said that it wasnt sad when someone old died. only when someone young did.