Morecambe v Derby (A) Matchday thread

Bwash_Ram

Wildsmith 

Knight       Stearman     Cashin    Forsyth

Smith     Bird

Sibley       McGoldrick    Mendez-Laing

Collins 

Rooney for Smith if latter isn’t fit.

Hourihane and Barkhuizen don’t warrant a starting place based on recent performances but are excellent quality to bring off the bench. We need a smith/Rooney for better balance, or we play Oduroh at RB and move Knight into midfield.

Really can't see Rosenior changing much for this game.  Everything suggests that Morcombe will be happy to play with a low block and let us dominate the ball.  Don't think there's much chance of us being overrun in midfield.  An early goal would be really helpful else I can see a repeat of Shrewsbury / Fleetwood and the inevitable meltdown on here.

7 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Just looked at WhoScored https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/20/Show/England-Derby

and they say this is our best team selection, based on performances over the season so far, for the most common formation we use:

image.thumb.png.37016b42feaa83995459daf91b48c926.png

Can't remember which game it was, but definitely one in which I thought Hourihane wasn't particularly good, and my son informed me he'd rated 2nd highest Derby player on whoscored.com - two possibilities: I'm wrong (probably) or stats don't give you everything!

(For example, do they take into account the areas in which passes/interceptions are made? Pretty sure they don't factor in the exact degree of danger involved - e.g. Knight's goal-line block on Saturday - is that a block like any other? Like any other in the penalty area? Or specifically a block that stopped a certain goal? etc.)

14 hours ago, Ram_in_Cumbria said:

On the off chance anyone has a spare ticket for Morecambe give me a shout. Its my nearest fixture (live in Cumbria) but not being a season ticket holder/member of anything it was always going to be a long shot getting a ticket. Cheers All.

Ive left you mine in my will in case I kick the bucket before Saturday.. 

You'll have to come to Belper to collect it though