Morecambe v Derby (A) Matchday thread

Bwash_Ram

31 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Why would you want 7 nights in Morecambe?

I spent nearly 3 years working on the Heysham nuclear power station back in the early 1980's, which is just 3 miles up the road from Morecambe.

I lodged in an excellent B&B opposite the Crown Pub, and enjoyed the delights of what Morecambe could offer, including the Wednesday night disco's on the pier, which no longer exists, as well as the 'Battery' pub, which I've noted is still there.

I'll be going to the game on Saturday, which will be my first visit to Morecambe for 39 years, so it'll be something of a nostalgia trip. I wonder if I'll bump into any old girlfriends, although, as I'm now 70, they will all be in their 60's!!!!

2 minutes ago, ImARam2 said:

I spent nearly 3 years working on the Heysham nuclear power station back in the early 1980's, which is just 3 miles up the road from Morecambe.

I lodged in an excellent B&B opposite the Crown Pub, and enjoyed the delights of what Morecambe could offer, including the Wednesday night disco's on the pier, which no longer exists, as well as the 'Battery' pub, which I've noted is still there.

I'll be going to the game on Saturday, which will be my first visit to Morecambe for 39 years, so it'll be something of a nostalgia trip. I wonder if I'll bump into any old girlfriends, although, as I'm now 70, they will all be in their 60's!!!!

I don’t think it’s changed much to be fair ?

23 minutes ago, sage said:

oh ffs i finally got an away ticket. This would be her revenge for my republicanism

I don't know how it all works. I've seen people say there will be not football at all until after the funeral which would be 10 days after her passing. But I'm not sure.

I can see it coming as we're pulling up to park in Morecambe.

I don't think it's set in stone that it will be called off on Saturday.

I personally think that it would be more poignant and respectful to have a minutes silence or a rendition of God save the Queen from all over the country at 3pm on a Saturday.

Not sure what cancelling games will achieve really.

49 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I don't think it's set in stone that it will be called off on Saturday.

I personally think that it would be more poignant and respectful to have a minutes silence or a rendition of God save the Queen from all over the country at 3pm on a Saturday.

Not sure what cancelling games will achieve really.

Test match play tomorrow is cancelled. EFL meeting today, as there are game scheduled for tomorrow. Not looking good for the weekend games tbh. 

6 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Test match play tomorrow is cancelled. EFL meeting today, as there are game scheduled for tomorrow. Not looking good for the weekend games tbh. 

That doesn't surprise me with it being so immediately after.

It'll come down to what the government want to do.

But if they cancel games Saturday, Tuesday and next weekend you have to wonder when they'll get played. Fixtures are already congested this season when you consider we've got the world cup in the middle of it.

Ok I’ll going to say it. Why should all sport be cancelled?

Fans at matches can show their respect with a minutes silence and players can wear arm bands. 

We don’t need sport to be cancelled because of her passing.

Honestly - are there any fans on here who think sport should be cancelled? If so, please tell me why.

Edited by rammieib

8 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Fans at matches can show their respect with a minutes silence and players can wear arm bands. 

Honestly - are there any fans on here who think sport should be cancelled? If so, please tell me why.

I don't think Saturday matches should be postponed. Maybe any games clashing with the funeral that's a different matter. 

9 minutes ago, rammieib said:

I don't understand why it needs to be cancelled.

Are just supposed to stay at home and not do anything?

It's looking highly likely that all football will be called off.