Morecambe v Derby (A) Matchday thread

Bwash_Ram

1 minute ago, StarterForTen said:

Whether you’re a royalist or. Republican, by living in the UK we are all choosing to live in a monarchy. The country’s sovereign of over 70 years has just died; doesn’t she deserve a few days of small sacrifice as a mark of respect?

Choose to live in a monarchy, did you mean democracy ?

3 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

Whether you’re a royalist or. Republican, by living in the UK we are all choosing to live in a monarchy. The country’s sovereign of over 70 years has just died; doesn’t she deserve a few days of small sacrifice as a mark of respect?

She most definitely does deserve a huge mark of respect.

I don't think cancelling football games is really a mark of respect.

Playing the games with players on the halfway line singing God save the Queen with full stadiums joining in is a much more fitting mark of respect.

7 minutes ago, sage said:

I will be furious if this is cancelled 

If people want to mourn, that's up to them, but why should it be enforced on everyone 

Maybe a lot of people associated with Morecombe or Derby may not wish it to go ahead so we have to respect everyone's opinions 

4 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Choose to live in a monarchy, did you mean democracy ?

The United Kingdom is a unitary state that is governed within the framework of a parliamentary democracy under a constitutional monarchy in which the monarch, currently King Charles, is the head of state. 

4 minutes ago, Mick Brolly said:

What if some of the players don't want to play 

I'm sure they love going all that way on a Tuesday night. As will fans. 

Are cinemas, pub, hotels, shops restaurants, theatres closing down or is it just sport? 

Just now, Mick Brolly said:

How would I know 

The players are employed like me and have a job to do. By all means wear a black armband , have a minutes silence etc.

whatever is decided you will get some who will agree and some who don’t. 
My opinion life should carry on as normal with due respect paid. 
Stop for the day on the funeral but no more for me. I understand that others may disagree. 

1 minute ago, sage said:

I'm sure they love going all that way on a Tuesday night. As will fans. 

Are cinemas, pub, hotels, shops restaurants, theatres closing down or is it just sport? 

I've got tickets also and won't be able to make a midweek rearrangement let's hope it's on but unfortunately I doubt it