Matchday parking

Archied

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

I dont know mate your best bet contact the club and ask.

Thanks B4 - the nice SLO Emma said they were there but couldnt be booked so thought I'd take a chance someone on here may have noticed if they seemed used or not. Will keep in s petrol one and wander and see on Saturday

8 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Thanks B4 - the nice SLO Emma said they were there but couldnt be booked so thought I'd take a chance someone on here may have noticed if they seemed used or not. Will keep in s petrol one and wander and see on Saturday

I usually hobble past around 15 mins before ko and there's usually one spare but can't remember how many there are.  I guess by that time those wanting to charge their car are,probably at the ground.

Edited by Wolfie20

17 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

I usually hobble past around 15 mins before ko and there's usually one spare but can't remember how many there are.  I guess by that time those wanting to charge their car are,probably at the ground.

Yes or stuck somewhere! Thanks will suss out on Saturday in petrol one. We would just be out of range there and back 

When I leave the South stand I usually nip past the 8 charge points at the lower part of the car park and I'm sure there's usually at least 1 spare.

But when I used the car park on that side of the velodrome last week I'm sure I saw another set of charge points nearer the exit to the back of the East stand.

The Harvester has a couple also if you go there for a pre match drink/meal

Does anyone on here use car park A, the one accessed at the south-east corner of the stadium?  I was wondering what it is like for getting away after the game.  I know they close the road for a while after the game, usually until after the buses have gone, but once opened, is it ok to get away?

I have been using the velodrome car park but it takes ages to get out and down to Wilmorton.  And i don't like leaving early either!

FREE roadside parking is available all day Sunday, and after 6pm Mon to Sat, down one side of Chequers Road (The old Cattle Market).
Parralel to The A52 approach to Pentagon Island. 
Use the Texaco Fuel Station exit off the island, then left again.  Keep going all the way to Costco car park (Rear entrance), then u turn, and park as close as possible.  10min stroll through Costco to the stadium.

Follow up question- I'm coming on Saturday with both the kids. We're going to be there *early* (like, maybe around 12ish, and having lunch in town before heading back for the match)- we are driving from Lincolnshire, and driving back there after the match, so an *ideal* spot would have easy access to A52 Eastbound, and not be too far from the ground (the kids are 6 and 8, so.... long walks not ideal). 

Worst case scenario I'll probably park at Intu and take on the walk, but no idea what the traffic will be like 25 minutes after full time...

Any better options available to someone arriving that far in advance?

18 minutes ago, erathirea said:

Follow up question- I'm coming on Saturday with both the kids. We're going to be there *early* (like, maybe around 12ish, and having lunch in town before heading back for the match)- we are driving from Lincolnshire, and driving back there after the match, so an *ideal* spot would have easy access to A52 Eastbound, and not be too far from the ground (the kids are 6 and 8, so.... long walks not ideal). 

Worst case scenario I'll probably park at Intu and take on the walk, but no idea what the traffic will be like 25 minutes after full time...

The Smithfield Pub or the Car Park to the rear of the old Derby Evening Telegraph building. Short walk over the bridge to PP can get straight out onto the A52 after both on the same road ??

Edited by Reggie Greenwood
Added a bit

3 hours ago, erathirea said:

Bamfords auction , chequers lane, £5 not to bad exiting either.

On 30/08/2022 at 11:58, NottsRam said:

Does anyone on here use car park A, the one accessed at the south-east corner of the stadium?  I was wondering what it is like for getting away after the game.  I know they close the road for a while after the game, usually until after the buses have gone, but once opened, is it ok to get away?

I have been using the velodrome car park but it takes ages to get out and down to Wilmorton.  And i don't like leaving early either!

Good question. I parked there for Oxford game and was thinking of going again on Saturday.

It does take a bit of time to let you out as you say, but then there is little traffic about then. 

It costs a tenner, but there is no walking. Good if there is rain, but expensive.

Does anyone know of a cheap/free place to park which is easy to get to and from M1 (heading south after game). 20 min walk plus is fine.