Matchday parking

Archied

Issue with premier inn is they overbook it, or at least did last season. Unless you can arrive 2 hours before kickoff, you will find all the spaces taken and people parking on the  grass verges. It’s a shame, as was a good spot but seems to have become popular. Maybe it’s sold out which means they are starting to limit spaces…

19 hours ago, Archied said:

Any decent ones on the m1 side of pride park , drives me nuts sitting waiting for the road behind the north stand to open after the game ,must put an hour on the journey back down south ,,,,, oh for the days of the old fireplace centre

Park on my street, Sunny Grove, 25 minute walk, 30 depending how far up the street you park. It seems a few park on here, but it's never overly busy.

Free parking right on Nottingham Road.

There is of course Chequers Road (the road parallel to A52... on-Street parking... where the old Cattle Market was.  Access direct off Pentagon Island. 10-20 minute walk depending which end you find a space.
Problem being that parking is restricted (not allowed) for something like 8am to 6pm, Mon to Sat.
Legally only really ok for night matches (parking up at 17:58, just to be a rebel!) and Sundays.  The road is deserted on a Saturday matchday, so I assume they do send the wardens down there?

... Oh... just remembered...on the same road... Bamfords Auction House... secure parking for a fiver (I think?).  No idea about pre-booking/popularity.  Might only be for about 30 cars or so?  Not sure.  I'll see if there's anyone to ask, when I saunter past on Saturday.  ?

2 hours ago, Crewton said:

I think you can park for free on Alvo Park, Meadow Lane entrance, but not sure if there's a time limit. 10 minute walk along the river to PP.

i was thinking the same. but with a bike. get yourself a little folding shopper bike. stick it in the boot, five minutes by bike after the game and back in the car while the ground is still emptying and away! 

On 10/08/2022 at 20:12, Archied said:

Thanks will check , yes I’m ok to walk and yes I park at the north west corner ( just off roundabout) but want to come out towards Nottingham A52 to m1 though checking map I could come in and go out on A6 if there’s parking that way 

No parking on premier inn anymore for those not staying at the hotel sadly...I gladly give 5 pounds to the charity box in reception each week but hotel guests have complained about the lack of spaces on matchdays so they have stopped it.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

10 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

No parking on premier inn anymore for those not staying at the hotel sadly...I gladly give 5 pounds to the charity box in reception each week but hotel guests have complained about the lack of spaces on matchdays so they have stopped it.

This is not correct. I parked there today and have booked a space for the next 2 Sat home games.

Or did you just make that up so you can have it to yourself !

3 hours ago, Boycie said:

Bloody bus overheated on way back to the Furnace, oh the irony. I have no idea why he went back past the court house either?

Sitting waiting to go from PP with the engine running wasn’t great plan either?

Last game, we went for a post match pint in the Yard, and watched as the buses pulled off quick sharp, before the away coaches.

Let's not get caught out again, I said to the boy, as we hot footed it to sit on a sweltering bus for 25 minutes while Barnsley's 8 buses and a minicab made their way to the M1. 

On 14/08/2022 at 08:08, loweman2 said:

Always plenty of spaces here £5 no booking, whole of that part of the industrial estate, privately owned land, five minute walk to ground, straight out after the game down to ascot drive island, through Alvaston to A50 or raynesway to A52 then to M1

D2573191-C63B-473A-9373-11644CA19AE8.jpeg

I told you what have spotted but quite a walk but if go near the fairy on car parks near there £1 all day long.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, CBRammette said:

Hi

getting electric car. I think there are charging points in car park A at the stadium. Assuming I can still book that car park please does anyone know if the EV charging points are usually used on match days or if they generally are free? Thanks

I am not sure which one is car park A but I walk past the one at the back of the south stand near the vaccinodrome and these are usually taken. Never really paid much attention to see they are always full but there are cars plugged in there. Hope it helps...

13 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

I am not sure which one is car park A but I walk past the one at the back of the south stand near the vaccinodrome and these are usually taken. Never really paid much attention to see they are always full but there are cars plugged in there. Hope it helps...

It does thank you