Matchday parking

Archied

1 minute ago, Archied said:

Any decent ones on the m1 side of pride park , drives me nuts sitting waiting for the road behind the north stand to open after the game ,must put an hour on the journey back down south ,,,,, oh for the days of the old fireplace centre

Or could leave few mins before so you can get away a bit quicker bothering to do with the club it is what police say.

43 minutes ago, Archied said:

Any decent ones on the m1 side of pride park , drives me nuts sitting waiting for the road behind the north stand to open after the game ,must put an hour on the journey back down south ,,,,, oh for the days of the old fireplace centre

None, There's no car parks on the M1 side Alvaston or Chaddesden...street parking only and a fare walk, Ascot Drive Industrial Estate at the bottom near the island London Road I believe is opened by the local businesses or was...get there early tho.

This is probably your best bet...just down the road from the Smithfield bottom of the A52 but you're getting to the City Centre

https://www.derby.gov.uk/transport-and-streets/parking-in-derby/find-parking/public-car-parks/surface-level-car-parks/darwin-place-car-park/

Edited by Unlucky Alf

54 minutes ago, Archied said:

I'm confused (Or just plain stupid!)

What do you mean by "M1 side"?  

Ignoring football traffic, Google has (from PPS):

Opt A:  8.8miles/16 mins to M1, Kegworth.  That's from West Stand/Wilmorton/Alvo/A50
Opt B:  To get to the same point on M1 Via Nott'm bound A52/Jct 25, Google shows 14.8 miles/20mins.

From that, I'd assume "M1 side" is the first option... west side/Alvo/A50?
Yet you mention your preference for the former Fireplace car park, (on the East/A52 side), and your frustration waiting for the North Stand road to reopen, so I assume you park West Side, but travel out East Side?
Hence the confusion.  (Sorry!)

If so, ... and you'll need to check this, as I can't confirm from personal experience, and am only going on hearsay (hopefully someone will be along to confirm)... I'm of the understanding there is parking available far east, past the back of all the shops (Halfords to Sainsburys) on your left.  For location help, there's a Premier Inn (Derby East), and the area is classed as Wyvern Business Park.

Google has Premier Inn as a 1 mile/20min walk.  Once at your car, I assume it's as easy to get on A52 as it was from the Fireplace car park, as you keep well away from the stadium/shops, and that adjacent roundabout is now governed by lights.  Little to no waiting, I'd assume?  
Right at the roundabout, over the A52 Bridge, 180 degree loop, and you're Nott'm/Jct 25 bound...

Just realised... I'm assuming you were happy to walk back to the Fireplace car park, and are fit, able, and willing enough to double that walk, to this Wyvern Business park!

??

Edited by Mucker1884

Just below Smithfield there is private parking at the Grand River Suite wedding venue. Huge car park costs a fiver and a 20 minute walk to ground and back.

Access to and from A52, though you'll have to turn round at Pentagon to go back towards M1.

It's 30 p dearer than Darwin Place but 5 minutes' closer. But you need to pop through Darwin Place Car Park to turn round on your way out. 

Screenshot_20220810-181129_Maps.jpg

Screenshot_20220810-181204_Maps.jpg

59 minutes ago, Archied said:

Premier Inn, opposite end of the Wyvern. 5 quid, 10 minute walk, straight back on the A52 with next to no queuing afterwards.

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

I'm confused (Or just plain stupid!)

What do you mean by "M1 side"?  

Ignoring football traffic, Google has (from PPS):

Opt A:  8.8miles/16 mins to M1, Kegworth.  That's from West Stand/Wilmorton/Alvo/A50
Opt B:  To get to the same point on M1 Via Nott'm bound A52/Jct 25, Google shows 14.8 miles/20mins.

From that, I'd assume "M1 side" is the first option... west side/Alvo/A50?
Yet you mention your preference for the former Fireplace car park, (on the East/A52 side), and your frustration waiting for the North Stand road to reopen, so I assume you park West Side, but travel out East Side?
Hence the confusion.  (Sorry!)

If so, ... and you'll need to check this, as I can't confirm from personal experience, and am only going on hearsay (hopefully someone will be along to confirm)... I'm of the understanding there is parking available far east, past the back of all the shops (Halfords to Sainsburys) on your left.  For location help, there's a Premier Inn (Derby East), and the area is classed as Wyvern Business Park.

Google has Premier Inn as a 1 mile/20min walk.  Once at your car, I assume it's as easy to get on A52 as it was from the Fireplace car park, as you keep well away from the stadium/shops, and that adjacent roundabout is now governed by lights.  Little to no waiting, I'd assume?  
Right at the roundabout, over the A52 Bridge, 180 degree loop, and you're Nott'm/Jct 25 bound...

Just realised... I'm assuming you were happy to walk back to the Fireplace car park, and are fit, able, and willing enough to double that walk, to this Wyvern Business park!

??

Thanks will check , yes I’m ok to walk and yes I park at the north west corner ( just off roundabout) but want to come out towards Nottingham A52 to m1 though checking map I could come in and go out on A6 if there’s parking that way 

50 minutes ago, Archied said:

Do you have to book and if not how early does it fill?

You don't have to book in advance, just pop in reception and pay your £5.  

It is also on the YourParkingSpace app however, if you like things done in advance. 

Depending on traffic, and where you're travelling from, its probably best approached from the Pentagon island direction via the A52 if possible. 

31 minutes ago, Rev said:

It is also on the YourParkingSpace app however, if you like things done in advance. 

Depending on traffic, and where you're travelling from, its probably best approached from the Pentagon island direction via the A52 if possible. 

Thanks , reckon that one sounds spot on ,will give it a try this Saturday 

40 minutes ago, Rev said:

Just checked on the app and it says sold out for Saturday