Carabao cup second round draw - West Brom

Rammy03

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

Any League Two side for me, to give us the best possible chance of progressing further. Want to stay in the cup as long as we possibly can, to keep the reserve players fit in case they’re called upon.

Totally agree.

Much as I'd like some cash from a home game against the red dogs, I think I'd rather get some game time for the second string players.

More minutes means they get more up to speed, so i'd like a league 1 or 2 side so we can have a chance for another couple of games that wont impact on the table.

16 minutes ago, hydraulic ram said:

Totally agree.

Much as I'd like some cash from a home game against the red dogs, I think I'd rather get some game time for the second string players.

More minutes means they get more up to speed, so i'd like a league 1 or 2 side so we can have a chance for another couple of games that wont impact on the table.

Oh yeah, we definitely shouldn’t be thinking about cash here. I hope our worries in that regard are behind us, but in any case, TV money from an EFL cup game won’t be any more than a standard league game. Certainly not some big pay day.

A game against Forest would be the nightmare scenario. They’d almost certainly beat us with their reserves, which would knock both the players and fans confidence early in the season. A League One club would be boring, but preferable to Forest, Leeds or even Leicester.

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

Oh yeah, we definitely shouldn’t be thinking about cash here. I hope our worries in that regard are behind us, but in any case, TV money from an EFL cup game won’t be any more than a standard league game. Certainly not some big pay day.

A game against Forest would be the nightmare scenario. They’d almost certainly beat us with their reserves, which would knock both the players and fans confidence early in the season. A League One club would be boring, but preferable to Forest, Leeds or even Leicester.

Can’t agree with that at all