Overrated things. Not sport music or films.

sage

2 hours ago, ColonelBlimp said:

Also, Steve's Fish and Chips

Dry chips, soggy batter, unless that's what passes for good fish and chips up here?

I was married to a woman who worked in a chip shop in Littleover, The owners were Greek Cypriots and tight as a ducks ass, They would buy the cheapest frying oil they could, Which took away the crispness/fluffiness, The same with the potatoes as they are graded, You were left with a harder chip, I was out of work so would get what was left over...dinners at midnight ☹️  

Apple products. Laptop, desktop and phones. Vastly overpriced for what they do compared to other manufacturers.

'Super' cars. Too big, overpowered and look like something out of a computer game. Although I'd take a 2006 Aston Martin Vantage for around 30-35k any day of the year.

Expensive 'top tier' computer graphic cards.

Edited by TimRam

IPA’s

Craft Ales

Real Ales

Wine

Beards

The Brunswick

Trains

Android

Miller & Carter

TikTok

Love Island

GameStop Shares

NFT’s

London

Musicals/Theatre

Harry Potter Books

Lord of the Rings Books

Game of Thrones Books

Getting old

Having a driving licence

Electric Scooters

Spain

Greece

Popcorn

Paracetamol

Jogging

Ad Blockers

Heatwaves

Donald Trump

Premier Inn

Vegan Diet

Sushi

Karaoke

Fabrizio Romano

Hot Tubs

11 minutes ago, Crewton said:

I'd say Lager, specifically the UK-brewed generic parodies of real Lager (Carling et al) but I'm not sure anyone truly 'rates' it anyway. Why pay more for less flavour and quality?

Ditto the ciders.

The utterly characterless bitters.

I'm going to add in Scotch whisky as well. I say this as a whisky drinker - so many offer poor quality and value. In particular, the "entry level" offerings from big brands.

Yes, you can buy a single malt whisky from a well known distillery relatively affordably, but, it's usually a piss poor imitation of what its famous for. The same applies to the blends, famous grouse for example has been progressively ruined.

Genuinely, the Aldi/Lidl bottles of single malt are usually better than the "name" bottle. Aldi "Highland Black 8yo" as a blend knocks spots of grouse/grants/bells etc.

Sooo much BS attached to scotch whisky...it is good, i drink it in preference to beer, but the BS and snobbery on one hand combined with general cheapening of the product means it's deffo on the "overrated things" list.

23 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Did you include their owners in that suggestion? (asking for a friend)

No.

Just thinking, how many hours of our life have we each spent reading opinions of strangers on the internet? Been in social situations where we've drifted into our own little world because we've got into a disagreement about something online, more interested in carrying on an online argument with a stranger than paying attention to what's going on around us? How many missed social interactions which could have enriched our lives in other ways?

Not saying no good things come from football forums and the people you meet on them / off them, but really if you weigh it all up, christ there's a lot of wasted energy!

Edited by Coconut's Beard