Alan Hintons White Boots

loweman2

Alan Hinton has always been interested in and appreciative of the work I put in to preserve the history and rich heritage of the club going back a long time so it was a great surprise to hear from him that he wanted to send over his iconic match worn, signed white Hummel boots from the early 1970s.

He was one of the first to go against the grain and you had to have confidence in your ability to stand out to that extent, he did of course have ability in abundance and could ping in a cross from any angle with either foot, he was also top scorer in the Championship Winning season in 1971-72.

A real piece of our history.

BA9794F3-C03C-47B1-AA92-5810EB70DFFA.jpeg

ABA2C20B-6E4A-4E4A-9BAA-954B73937AA9.jpeg

54A44982-6F85-4975-9D08-2638A8BE7343.jpeg

51B1F62F-8098-4170-A68A-880E61A1004D.jpeg

0A4133BD-F624-4145-A697-0BC8390182EB.jpeg

31A9BDBF-D6BF-4485-B20D-BDAA1C2A17BE.jpeg

Edited by uttoxram75

As a mildly interesting story about white boots, my brother ordered a pair of white boots identical to the ones above from an advert in "Charlie Buchan's football monthly".....in the days of enclosing a postal order with your post. Weeks went by with no boots delivered and we got in touch with Derbyshire Trading standards, or "weights and measures" as they were known then. After much pestering by them, a pair of boots finally arrived BUT without the much in demand Hummel stripes....Trading standards took them to court on our behalf and my brother got the boots for free........they were still decent boots, but no stripes so just not "sold as advertised"

As hor Hinton...what a player. I think Hector also played a small number of games in white boots before Hinton but I may be wrong on that one.

2 minutes ago, mozza said:

What a fantastic gesture from 'Gladys', treasure them forever, although it would have been interesting to know what they may have achieved at auction, had he gone down that route. Very valuable addition to your collection, look after 'em..

I took advice from the guy who does the leather and shoe repairs on the BBC program the work shop, I had to restore the soles and asked the best way to retain their authenticity but to also ensure they would be around in 100 years, I also invested in the UV protective display, Alan is really pleased with what I have done, many of the items that I have within the collection have a high individual value but I would never sell any of it, I have paid thousands of pounds to put it together over a very long time and got to know many of the ex players along the way over the years and have earned their respect so it’s nice when they see the bigger picture of what I am trying to do in preserving the history of the club, John Gregory recently let me take ownership of his collection of Derby shirts, it is my intention to sit down with David Clowes and to take things forward in such a way that we can all benefit and share in the history of the club, had you seen the project has been completed on the Racecourse years shirts ? The collection of five ?

1 hour ago, loweman2 said:

I took advice from the guy who does the leather and shoe repairs on the BBC program the work shop, I had to restore the soles and asked the best way to retain their authenticity but to also ensure they would be around in 100 years, I also invested in the UV protective display, Alan is really pleased with what I have done, many of the items that I have within the collection have a high individual value but I would never sell any of it, I have paid thousands of pounds to put it together over a very long time and got to know many of the ex players along the way over the years and have earned their respect so it’s nice when they see the bigger picture of what I am trying to do in preserving the history of the club, John Gregory recently let me take ownership of his collection of Derby shirts, it is my intention to sit down with David Clowes and to take things forward in such a way that we can all benefit and share in the history of the club, had you seen the project has been completed on the Racecourse years shirts ? The collection of five ?

You ought to put it into a trust mate. Keep it out of your estate and away from the taxman. 

4 hours ago, loweman2 said:

Thank you so much for the invaluable work you’re doing. I really appreciate it.

it would be amazing if the club could have a museum at some stage. 

Don’t know about anyone else, but the possibility of DCFC ceasing to exist has made me appreciate these items even more. 

10 minutes ago, Nishfan said:

Thank you so much for the invaluable work you’re doing. I really appreciate it.

it would be amazing if the club could have a museum at some stage. 

Don’t know about anyone else, but the possibility of DCFC ceasing to exist has made me appreciate these items even more. 

Thanks for the supporting words, there are a few of us and we could easily do a museum if the club facilitated it, once everything is in place on the pitch and the club begins to function again will have a sit down with Mr Clowes and hopefully make some progress ?

13 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Ok, Ok, I've changed it. Park yer OCD !

Well now. That’s just gonna make folk wonder what the hell I’m on about. 
In fact, I’d go as far as to say you’ve now made me look like an imbecile!

No, no… there’s no need for you to respond! ?

Edited by uttoxram75
removed aberrant apostrophe to save face for mucker

7 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

We’ll now. That’s just gonna make folk wonder what the hell I’m on about. 
In fact, I’d go as far as to say you’ve now made me look like an imbecile!

No, no… there’s no need for you to respond! ?

Morning Mucker, just to let you know there's a rogue apostrophe in the very first word of this otherwise scintillating post.