Alan Hintons White Boots

loweman2

5 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Mucker could be the forum scapegoat!

I think he's still spell checking my post, to be honest, or hoping you may remove offending apostrophe to save face. Most likely he's just gone back to bed. I miss @JW, hope he's ok.

54 minutes ago, mozza said:

Morning Mucker, just to let you know there's a rogue apostrophe in the very first word of this otherwise scintillating post.

You have no idea how much that infuriated me! ?  
I put it right 3 times before posting, and still the bloody phone hijacked it without me noticing (hence no edit)!
Grrrrrr... Seethe... etc...

I have always worn white boots, at least partly inspired by stories my Grandfather would tell me about Hinton in his white boots.

On my debut for a local team one Saturday a 'senior' opposition player loudly asked just before kick off "What's the point in having flash boots like that if you're no good?", laughs go up on his side. Fifteen minutes in to the match I absolutely rifled one in to the top corner from the edge of the box, an absolute peach never to be repeated, so I ran past the fella who made the comment and gave him a pat on the head. 

Next time I got the ball he absolutely clattered me, got himself booked and then his manager subbed him at half time. My one and only example of making someone look an absolute mug on a football pitch.

Not sure what this anecdote contributes to this thread, but I enjoyed remembering it all the same!

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta

9 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I have always worn white boots, at least partly inspired by stories my Grandfather would tell me about Hinton in his white boots.

On my debut for a local team one Saturday a 'senior' opposition player loudly asked just before kick off "What's the point in having flash boots like that if you're no good?", laughs go up on his side. Fifteen minutes in to the match I absolutely rifled one in to the top corner from the edge of the box, an absolute peach never to be repeated, so I ran past the fella who made the comment and gave him a pat on the head. 

Next time I got the ball he absolutely clattered me, got himself booked and then his manager subbed him at half time. My one and only example of making someone look an absolute mug on a football pitch.

Not sure what this anecdote contributes to this thread, but I enjoyed remembering it all the same!

Good man, all of my posts are intended to stir the grey matter and bring those memories to the surface ! Wherever they may come from !

21 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Kazim-Richards-esque.