Matlock Town Vs DCFC U21 - Clowes Cup - 29/7/22

TheMatlockFan

Hello friends,

I hope this thread finds you all well on this warm Sunday afternoon.

As a club, we were strong supporters of the "Save Derby County" campaign as we strongly believe no fan base or community should have to face losing their football team and we were overjoyed when our friends at Clowes UK came to the rescue. Clowes UK sponsor Matlock Town including our away strip so it's fantastic to all be part of the same football family.

To celebrate the continued links, The Proctor Cars Stadium will be hosting Derby County on Friday 29th July with a 7:45pm kick off. It promises to be a fantastic evening of celebrations as the Gladiators will wear our Clowes UK away strip for the first time ever, the Clowes UK Cup will be up for grabs and they will be in attendance and we get to celebrate together the saving and hopefully thriving existence of the club you all love.

Tickets are available now via the following link - https://matlocktownfc.ktckts.com/event/mtl2223hpre3/matlock-town-v-derby-county-u-21s

We are hoping for 2300 sell out which we believe can be made possible by two fantastic fan bases. We were encouraged by Rams fans on Twitter to add a donation ticket option for those who want to help us out but are unable to attend for one reason or another.

As a community based non league team which doesn’t have a wealthy owner we rely solely on our community to fund the club whether through gate receipts, sponsorship or donations. Any donations would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you to all who took the time to read this post and we hope to see you this coming Friday.

1 hour ago, TheMatlockFan said:

Hello friends,

As a club, we were strong supporters of the "Save Derby County" campaign as we strongly believe no fan base or community should have to face losing their football team and we were overjoyed when our friends at Clowes UK came to the rescue. Clowes UK sponsor Matlock Town including our away strip so it's fantastic to all be part of the same football family.

To celebrate the continued links, The Proctor Cars Stadium will be hosting Derby County on Friday 29th July with a 7:45pm kick off. It promises to be a fantastic evening of celebrations as the Gladiators will wear our Clowes UK away strip for the first time ever, the Clowes UK Cup will be up for grabs and they will be in attendance and we get to celebrate together the saving and hopefully thriving existence of the club you all love.

Tickets are available now via the following link - https://matlocktownfc.ktckts.com/event/mtl2223hpre3/matlock-town-v-derby-county-u-21s

We are hoping for 2300 sell out which we believe can be made possible by two fantastic fan bases. We were encouraged by Rams fans on Twitter to add a donation ticket option for those who want to help us out but are unable to attend for one reason or another.

As a community based non league team which doesn’t have a wealthy owner we rely solely on our community to fund the club whether through gate receipts, sponsorship or donations. Any donations would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you to all who took the time to read this post and we hope to see you this coming Friday.

Can't get to the game but just bought some donation tickets. I well remember Matlock Town standing with us when things looked bleak & it won't be forgotten. I hope there's a full house & you get to make a few grand out of Friday.

Good luck for the season - its a division I'll be keeping an eye on with FC United, South Shields (managed by ex-DCFC coach Kevin Phillips), Liversedge & Marske Utd all there (the latter two beat my mate's team Cleethorpes to promotion last season). Hopefully you can build on last year's 4th place & join Buxton in National League North ??

5 minutes ago, Joe said:

will just be some under 23s and 18s  I think, give this a miss the day before the opening game save some money. Notice Matlock blew promotion last year could not score and think they have only scored 1 goal all pre-season and actually could not even field a team against Alfreton, could be a predictable 0-0

It does say Derby u21s…

14 minutes ago, Joe said:

will just be some under 23s and 18s  I think, give this a miss the day before the opening game save some money. Notice Matlock blew promotion last year could not score and think they have only scored 1 goal all pre-season and actually could not even field a team against Alfreton, could be a predictable 0-0

That's the spirit the OP was looking for.

42 minutes ago, Joe said:

You may have missed the point of this post

57 minutes ago, Joe said:

grim reaper death GIF

Edited by sage

3 hours ago, TheMatlockFan said:

Hello friends,

I have a soft spot for Matlock Town. I grew up in Matlock and went to a lot of matches back in the day.

I bought a couple of the donation tickets the other day when I saw the link to them on Twitter.

Good luck for the coming season ?

7 hours ago, Joe said:

Hello Joe,

Thank you for your kind comment, it will be a DCFC U21 team and maybe one or two first teamers who need a run out, we always try to play the Rams in preseason and its usually one of our first games but securing the safety of your club that plays a big part in the Derbyshire football landscape as a whole took priority as it should.

We "blew" promotion by not having the spending clout of other teams at that level, we aren't bank rolled and our staff is 90% volunteers who work full time hours in our community. Our income is simply what we make on matchdays and through sponsors but costs are rising and it is a constant battle to stay above water.

We were unable to field a team against Alfreton Town due to a mix of injuries, player holidays and work commitments. Most of our lads work a nine to five and so they use their work holidays throughout the season, it was unfournate but these things happen.

I hope you enjoy the opening game of the Rams season and thank you for your comment.

Edited by TheMatlockFan

Will there be pay on the day? Not sure I want to create an account.

Went to the pre-season game there after covid, it was magical, beautiful setting and seeing all our fellow DCFC supporters for the first time in months. Emotional. 

What a rollercoaster ride we've been on since!

This year will be emotional for a whole lot of different reasons. 

9 hours ago, TheMatlockFan said:

Hello Joe,

Thank you for your kind comment, it will be a DCFC U21 team and maybe one or two first teamers who need a run out, we always try to play the Rams in preseason and its usually one of our first games but securing the safety of your club that plays a big part in the Derbyshire football landscape as a whole took priority as it should.

We "blew" promotion by not having the spending clout of other teams at that level, we aren't bank rolled and our staff is 90% volunteers who work full time hours in our community. Our income is simply what we make on matchdays and through sponsors but costs are rising and it is a constant battle to stay above water.

We were unable to field a team against Alfreton Town due to a mix of injuries, player holidays and work commitments. Most of our lads work a nine to five and so they use their work holidays throughout the season, it was unfournate but these things happen.

I hope you enjoy the opening game of the Rams season and thank you for your comment.

9 hours ago, TheMatlockFan said:

It isn't that I was aware of but watch this space now ?

Hi, looking forward to seeing us raise the Clowes Cup! Well pictures of it anyway. ?

Have just purchased a donation ticket with the fiver I saved from watching the Leicester friendly free on their YouTube! 

Good luck for the coming season, I used to live up that way, you sound like my kind of local club.

12 minutes ago, angieram said:

Will there be pay on the day? Not sure I want to create an account.

Went to the pre-season game there after covid, it was magical, beautiful setting and seeing all our fellow DCFC supporters for the first time in months. Emotional. 

What a rollercoaster ride we've been on since!

This year will be emotional for a whole lot of different reasons. 

There will be pay on the day according to the Matlock website, and now cos you’re officially old it will be cheaper,£6.50?. Who would have thought watching Plange score that night that he would be a premier league player a year later.

Been following Matlock and the other local sides in recent years. Had a great FA Cup run a few years back taking in games at Altrincham and Shrewsbury. Was up there for the game v Chesterfield the other week, cracking day, c2.3k in attendance. I don't think we'll be able to match that but hopefully a decent turnout. I live quite locally so i'll be up there, appreciate many won't be able to but great to see the donation option being taken up by many. 

Good stuff. Usually go to this game but can’t make it this year so I have bought a virtual ticket. I give the Clowes Development site behind the goal a little salute when I drive past. 
Good luck this season.

Should be down to Causeway Lane if we get international breaks in league 1.

Edited by Gritstone Ram
Added a bit