Matlock Town Vs DCFC U21 - Clowes Cup - 29/7/22

TheMatlockFan

So, my in depth reportage of the evening....

The team in Light Blue ( Derby ) played the team in Yellow ( Matlock ).

The blue team looked very young and full of athleticism, whilst the yellow team looked less athletic and older.

For the first 20 minutes the blue team looked very fit and fast, whilst the yellow team huffed and puffed against them.

The blues ran around very fast but just looked like a random collection of fast runners.

The yellows looked slightly overawed for 20 minutes, impressed by their collective speed.

Then the yellows realised  that the blues weren't actually a team, but a collection of random fast runners.

So, after being initially impressed they decided to fight back as a team.

The two teams cancelled each other out at half time. Half time result 0-0.

Second half yellows thought " These are just a team of fast runners, they're not that special, maybe we should fight back "

Cue first goal for the yellows - a headed goal - early-ish in the second half.

Blues got indignant and ran around even faster for a few minutes after that. No end product.

Yellows got more ebullient, unafraid of the blues, culminating in a flying air kick volley for their second goal.

2-0

Game fizzled out....

That's my seasoned journo's analysis of the evening.

Henry Winter eat your heart out...

Oh, I might add, a great night at Matlock. Think football meets Peter Kay characters. Very entertaining.

Edited by Dave Mackay Ate My Hamster

I even managed to bump into our Lord and Saviour David Clowes. I shook his hand and said thanks for making half a million people much happier. He laughed and said I'm much happier too.

My missis looked at me a bit pityingly and called me a "fan boy".

He's so unassuming. Someone else had to point him out to me. You would never spot him in a crowd. Jeans and polo shirt.

Thanks DC. ???

Edited by Dave Mackay Ate My Hamster

9 hours ago, Dave Mackay Ate My Hamster said:

I even managed to bump into our Lord and Saviour David Clowes. I shook his hand and said thanks for making half a million people much happier. He laughed and said I'm much happier too.

My missis looked at me a bit pityingly and called me a "fan boy".

He's so unassuming. Someone else had to point him out to me. You would never spot him in a crowd. Jeans and polo shirt.

Thanks DC. ???

I love this post ?