Alfreton Town vs Derby County (Match Thread)

cannable

2 minutes ago, Sidd10 said:

I think both trialists have looked bright tonight. Lo-Everton looks technically quite good, i'm sure they'll be good additions for the u23's 

One of them might find himself on the bench on Saturday. What a goal

Genuinely, do people think that a squad thrown together in a few weeks, all on free transfers (albeit some good players in there) is going to walk the league?

I accept that we should be beating Alfreton Town, but the depth of feeling (and exasperated criticism) exhibited during the pre-season games suggests great expectations, which I’m personally not sure are justified. Managing my expectations has done wonders for my blood pressure

Calm Down Chill Out GIF by Justin

Edited by LazloW

6 minutes ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

These are first teamers.

Some of who have had way too much wind blown up their @rses.

Yup. Cashin, Stearman and Forsyth are three of the back four, with Thompson in front... You'd be entitled to expect a bit more against Alfreton. 

4 minutes ago, LazloW said:

Genuinely, do people think that a squad thrown together a few weeks, all on free transfers (albeit some good players in there) is going to walk the league?

I accept that we should be beating Alfreton Town, but the depth of feeling (and exasperated criticism) exhibited during the pre-season games suggests great expectations, which I’m personally not sure are justified. Managing my expectations does wonders for my blood pressure

I don't think anyone expects that we would walk the league, but I think people are right to expect a better showing than what is currently on offer, even if it is with a team that has been thrown together in a relatively short period of time. I personally think we will finish about mid-table.

Edited by DanS1992

1 hour ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Well according to Nixon he's a right back we've got on trial.

But the telegraph saying he's part of the front 3?

But he's a right back.

So we've got a right back on trial. Whos playing in attack ? 

1 hour ago, Rample said:

Right wing, looks lively.

50 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Out on the wing. He looks good - sign him up now!

Maybe he is a right back who has been converted to play right wing? he sounds promising and we are short of numbers out wide (and at right back).

I think the lack of a pre season is showing at a bit as we should be better than this tonight.

Edited by Ram1988

4 minutes ago, LazloW said:

Genuinely, do people think that a squad thrown together in a few weeks, all on free transfers (albeit some good players in there) is going to walk the league?

I accept that we should be beating Alfreton Town, but the depth of feeling (and exasperated criticism) exhibited during the pre-season games suggests great expectations, which I’m personally not sure are justified. Managing my expectations has done wonders for my blood pressure

The vast majority of those aren't even playing tonight anyway