Matchday Thread v Hertha Berlin (H) 16th July 16:00

ollycutts1982

1 minute ago, GenBr said:

Bielik was recovering from a knee twinge he suffered on international duty. That is straight from Roseniors mouth after he was asked after the last game

I would assume he still hasnt recovered, no?

Ah I must have missed that. I'm expecting another update on bielik after the game, assuming he's still injured but is he in the plans for the season or will he be going?

I also think we need clarity on the Byrne situation but obviously it's looking like he won't play for us again. 

13 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

nobody knows, journalists after the game should ask Rosenior but for some reason they won't

Rosenior has already said a month or so ago that they’re being careful with Bielik as he’s not fully recovered from last season’s injury aggravated by his stint with Poland.Having said that,I fully expect him to go out on loan and return next season if we’re promoted?

2 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Ah I must have missed that. I'm expecting another update on bielik after the game, assuming he's still injured but is he in the plans for the season or will he be going?

I also think we need clarity on the Byrne situation but obviously it's looking like he won't play for us again. 

To be honest i expect bielik to leave, but if he is truly injured again it doesnt seem like he'll play much anyway. Thought he was going on loan somewhere.

Byrne is a snakey scumbag who is trying to get out of his contract and i dont think he will play for us again either. Goid riddance i say

1 minute ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Mendez-Laing is the standout, not just going forward either. McGoldrick doing plenty of the leg work too.

Enjoying the ability of Barkhuizen and NML to swap wings too. Always used to like that when Ward and Russell did it.

Prefering NML on the right more, nice and direct. Good to change it up though, Hourihane and McGoldrick adding to the fluidity of the attacking roles too.