Premier League | 22/23 Season

Day

58 minutes ago, The Last Post said:

Interview with Premier League CEO Richard Masters...scroll down.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64821422

Yes I watched it thanks. Did you? It doesn't answer any of my points. The interviewer asks why the Saudis should be allowed to own a club if homosexuality is illegal in Saudi Arabia, as it clashes with the rainbow laces campaign, etc in England. Homosexuality is illegal in the UAE as well, but nobody is trying to stop Abu Dhabi from owning a football club. He says it can't be one rule for one club and a different one for everyone else, but that is exactly what it is. There are government officials on the board of Man City - if its an issue then you need to go after them as well.

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

44 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Yes I watched it thanks. Did you? It doesn't answer any of my points. The interviewer asks why the Saudis should be allowed to own a club if homosexuality is illegal in Saudi Arabia, as it clashes with the rainbow laces campaign, etc in England. Homosexuality is illegal in the UAE as well, but nobody is trying to stop Abu Dhabi from owning a football club. He says it can't be one rule for one club and a different one for everyone else, but that is exactly what it is. There are government officials on the board of Man City - if its an issue then you need to go after them as well.

it's the problem when you let states buy football clubs, politics gets dragged into it & people pick or choose sides based on foreign policy.

will be the same if qatar come in for somebody.

56 minutes ago, alram said:

it's the problem when you let states buy football clubs, politics gets dragged into it & people pick or choose sides based on foreign policy.

will be the same if qatar come in for somebody.

The Qataris are looking to buy Man Utd. Lets see if everyone kicks up the same kund of fuss when that bastion of fteedom and tolerance tries to buy a football club

On 02/03/2023 at 18:05, GenBr said:

The Qataris are looking to buy Man Utd. Lets see if everyone kicks up the same kund of fuss when that bastion of fteedom and tolerance tries to buy a football club

There's already plenty of fuss being kicked up in the media, quite rightly in my view. 

Foreign states (or their proxies) shouldn't be allowed to own English football clubs, full stop. 

And that includes Greece ? 

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

There's already plenty of fuss being kicked up in the media, quite rightly in my view. 

Foreign states (or their proxies) shouldn't be allowed to own English football clubs, full stop. 

And that includes Greece ? 

The only complaints i can see are other rich clubs trying to protect their position. Similar to them all crying about PSG, but not giving a s*** about human rights

Liverpool 7 Man Utd 0 - United were utterly embarassing - shambolic defending, blatant cheating (particularly the obnoxious Fernandes) and a compete lack of spirit/fight/discipline - could quite easily have had Shaw & Fernades sent off sent off and lost by 10 - I'm no fan of the scousers, but what a brilliant couple of hours entertainment.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64865319

“Arsenal's celebrations following their 97th minute winner over Bournemouth on Saturday are being investigated by the Football Association.

The Gunners' bench rushed on to the field to celebrate after Reiss Nelson's late winner made the score 3-2.

However, the incident was included in referee Chris Kavanagh's match report and will be reviewed further.”

The game’s gone if you can’t celebrate at 97th minute winner in a title race! 

Conte trying to get himself sacked - serious rant in his post match press conference after Spurs let a 3-1 lead slip against Southampton:

“They are used to it here, not playing for anything important. They don’t want to play under pressure, under stress.”

“This is Tottenham’s story. 20 years of the owner & they never win anything. Why?”

2 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Conte trying to get himself sacked - serious rant in his post match press conference after Spurs let a 3-1 lead slip against Southampton:

“They are used to it here, not playing for anything important. They don’t want to play under pressure, under stress.”

“This is Tottenham’s story. 20 years of the owner & they never win anything. Why?”

But he's right?