Premier League | 22/23 Season

Day

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Didn't they lose £400 mill over the last 3 years? Seems a bit higher than the acceptable limit, so surely a huge punishment incoming.

Hopefully if its points deduction it can only be applied next season now.

1 hour ago, The Last Post said:

I watched this live earlier. It was good seeing Masters squirm. You can tell the politicians didn't believe a word he was saying. Rick Parry was a bit better, and he absolutely nailed the growth in the financial gap between the PL and EFL. However, you can hear how entrenched the EFL and PL are in their respective positions.  The FA just came over as antiquated and irrelevant. 

All three were rubbish on equality, diversity and inclusion.

I thought Tracy Crouch MP and Kevin Miles from the FSA were impressive. 

This was a parliamentary session to give evidence with regards to an independent regulator for football.

30 minutes ago, The Last Post said:

We'll see shall we, I noticed that there wasn't any crime relating to Bakeries being burnt down, Unless it was in the amendment section 😁

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65128593

Will this include Americans, what with the abortion laws in place now? Or is it just a way to block ownership attempts from the Middle East.

25 minutes ago, David said:

Will this include Americans, what with the abortion laws in place now? Or is it just a way to block ownership attempts from the Middle East.

If someone wants to pay Billions for a club, They'll have Lawyers good enough to work round any attempt to block ownerships, They'll have a puppet Chairperson in place to do their bidding.

The only way to stop this is for...no...there isn't a way to stop this, Football relies on £s, $s, €s and to be honest the PL aint to fussed where the money comes from as long as the bandwagon keeps rolling along...eventually in years to come football will eat itself...and I hope I'm still here to see it 🤷‍♀️

On 30/03/2023 at 18:30, The Last Post said:

If someone wants to pay Billions for a club, They'll have Lawyers good enough to work round any attempt to block ownerships, They'll have a puppet Chairperson in place to do their bidding.

The only way to stop this is for...no...there isn't a way to stop this, Football relies on £s, $s, €s and to be honest the PL aint to fussed where the money comes from as long as the bandwagon keeps rolling along...eventually in years to come football will eat itself...and I hope I'm still here to see it 🤷‍♀️

Generally speaking, the fans ain't fussed either. There's always the moral argument before the takeover, followed by full houses when their teams buy success.

It reflects life in general, we have certain morals, but virtually everyone has a price, depending on their circumstances.

On 30/03/2023 at 18:05, David said:

Not the middle east. Just the Saudis. See Man City.

I think southampton, leicester and the loser of leeds or forest on tuesday will get relegated.

it is mad how tight it is dont think there has ever been so many teams involved, normally 1 or 2 teams are already relegated by now and they are just fighting for that last spot. realistically bottom southampton could still finish 12th