Premier League | 22/23 Season

Day

2 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Pep yet again trying to be clever with his team selection and coming unstuck - not sure what he’s trying to prove but they had a great chance to close the gap if he’d simply picked his best side…..

As good as Haaland is, City were actually better off without him.

They seem utterly reliant on Haaland now and playing with a centre-forward, they have limited the impact of players like Bernardo Silva and both the fullbacks.

I think they made a mistake getting rid of Zinchenko, Jesus and Cancelo.

Only a freak last few minutes against Real Madrid denied them last season after they thoroughly outplayed them.

Pep seems to have ripped up the formula which worked as a result and now they look worse off for it.

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

As good as Haaland is, City were actually better off without him.

They seem utterly reliant on Haaland now and playing with a centre-forward, they have limited the impact of players like Bernardo Silva and both the fullbacks.

I think they made a mistake getting rid of Zinchenko, Jesus and Cancelo.

Only a freak last few minutes against Real Madrid denied them last season after they thoroughly outplayed them.

Pep seems to have ripped up the formula which worked as a result and now they look worse off for it.

Don’t know if it was a planned decision. If you’re offered Haaland, you take it, every time, and you fit him in somewhere. It’s a brave man that says, ‘you know what, we didn’t need Haaland, he’ll only make us worse.’

23 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Don’t know if it was a planned decision. If you’re offered Haaland, you take it, every time, and you fit him in somewhere. It’s a brave man that says, ‘you know what, we didn’t need Haaland, he’ll only make us worse.’

He hasn't made them worse. I just think some of their other players have dropped off it. Something just isn't quite right there at the moment. Cancelo's exit suggests just that. I think to say man city have got worse because of Haaland is a nonsense comment.

3 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

He hasn't made them worse. I just think some of their other players have dropped off it. Something just isn't quite right there at the moment. Cancelo's exit suggests just that. I think to say man city have got worse because of Haaland is a nonsense comment.

But it was the same with Ibra at Barcelona.

Ibra was a better player than say Pedro, but trying to shoehorn him took something away from the collective.

It’s crazy to think Man City are a worse team with Haaland in it. But the stats are showing it.

They have scored the same amount of goals at this stage last season, but conceded more. 

Haaland isn’t a false nine. It means City don’t have that extra link-up player, and out of position they have a gap they didn’t have before. They aren’t as creative or controlling as last season. And they’re more open.

The worry also for City is becoming over-reliant on one predominant player. Last season the goals were shared between Sterling, Jesus, Silva, Mahrez, Foden, Grealish and KDB. Three of those played the false 9 role effortlessly.

Haaland’s arrival has seen two leave, and three others put in lesser numbers.

But saying all this, it’s still early days in Haaland’s City career and it may take a year for the team to truly adapt to him regardless of his goal exploits.

The sending off of Casemiro. Many fans outraged because he only had our Will ‘by the collar’. Also they had a laugh about it afterwards, so ‘all’s well that ends well.’

This photo, though. Apart from his hands WERE around his neck, the different reactions of the crowd/stewards was funny.

I see boredom/indifference (from the stewards!), to hilarity and wtf!?!

78B4F15A-05FC-49FE-91BB-637211ABEE5E.jpeg

Edited by Rambam

Too many Jesse Marsch’s and not enough Sean Dyche’s in the Premier League this season in my opinion. Forest are pushing up the league because teams like Leeds are trying to play a certain way rather than win games of football. Gerrard, Lampard, Marsch have now all gone because of it.

Dyche is back to give the league a literal kick up the backside.