Premier League | 22/23 Season

Day

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Man City’s business is interesting this summer. Signed arguably the best number nine in the world for under £60m, yet look set to make over £150m on selling Sterling, Ake and Gabriel Jesus.

Trimming the squad to compensate for Haaland’s wages perhaps?

Chelsea are the big spenders so far.

2 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Man City’s business is interesting this summer. Signed arguably the best number nine in the world for under £60m, yet look set to make over £150m on selling Sterling, Ake and Gabriel Jesus.

Trimming the squad to compensate for Haaland’s wages perhaps?

Chelsea are the big spenders so far.

Also spent plenty on Kalvin Phillips.  I have no reason for the lauding of this bloke.  Most over rated footballer since Stewart Downing.

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Also spent plenty on Kalvin Phillips.  I have no reason for the lauding of this bloke.  Most over rated footballer since Stewart Downing.

Oh yeah, I forgot about him. If he was Swiss he’d be looked at in the mould of Granit Xhaka and probably would have cost around £10m.

But City are filling quotas with him and they need a back-up for Rodri to play in the League Cup and dead-rubber CL games.

I think Liverpool will win it. City second. The next three become interesting.

Chelsea should finish 3rd but they fell off a cliff toward the end of last season.

Spurs look good under Conte. Man Utd must improve. Arsenal are probably the worst of the top six right now but they’ve made some decent signings. Gabriel Jesus could do better than them.

• 2 weeks later...

All doesn’t seem too well at Chelsea.

They really dropped in form in the second half of last season.

The Lukaku saga was just bizarre.

They just got hammered by Arsenal in pre-season and Tuchel is already blaming the players attitude.

I think a slow start and Tuchel will be gone, especially as you’d expect United, Spurs and Arsenal to target them as the team to overtake.

Interesting to read up on Leicester’s case. No players in, having to cut back. Schmeichel has just left, talk of Maddison going to leave too.

It’s likely that without Champions League football, their wage bill is unsustainable.

Leicester can’t compete with the likes of West Ham, Villa and Newcastle in terms of match-day revenue, let alone the top six.

Sponsors and TV revenue are the big two other income generators, and on that front they are probably at best equal to those others.

They’ve had an amazing past few years. But they will probably tail off a bit now. 

I can see Brendan Rodgers leaving them too if somebody like West Ham or Newcastle come calling.

I've only watched him a couple of times, but Darwin Nunez looks like one of the flukiest players I've ever seen. He's playing like Conor Sammon, but then somehow seems to inadvertently make it pay off.

22 hours ago, JfR said:

I've only watched him a couple of times, but Darwin Nunez looks like one of the flukiest players I've ever seen. He's playing like Conor Sammon, but then somehow seems to inadvertently make it pay off.

You say that, yet he changed the game when he came on. They went from being terrible to meh.