Premier League | 22/23 Season

Day

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

I have no ill-feelings towards Lampard, considering how he's managerial career has gone then I wouldn't be surprised to see him back for a second spell with us in the future. Not sure what has to transpire for that to happen, but no doubt he's days at Everton are coming to an end. 

Wish him well for the future, wherever he ends up. 

2 hours ago, The Last Post said:

January sales started late in Everton, Around 9-15pm...Goodison Park started to empty...Lampard out...Rooney in is my prediction ?

Rooney will (and should) be perceived as another rookie manager, can’t see them opting for a untried legend signing. They probably will need a proven top level coach right now, just to ensure they start firing again; because everything looks a bit broke.

I’m wondering if Lampard with Clement and Cole without Jody isn’t a great set up either. You have to wonder, was Jody the real coaching talent out the two of them?

40 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Rooney will (and should) be perceived as another rookie manager, can’t see them opting for a untried legend signing. They probably will need a proven top level coach right now, just to ensure they start firing again; because everything looks a bit broke.

I’m wondering if Lampard with Clement and Cole without Jody isn’t a great set up either. You have to wonder, was Jody the real coaching talent out the two of them?

Looks Rafa Benitez?

2 hours ago, Zag zig said:

Everton dont have a lot of wiggle room when it comes to cash. Their losses over the last few years are insane. Might not be able to afford an experienced manager or to sack too many

Everton should stick with Lampard. They can't keep sacking managers. They've had every manger under the sun and it never works. Tells you that there's deeper issues. That club has been poorly run. I'm not sure what more Lampard can do to be honest. It's a poor squad of players and it will take time to turn it around again.

Edited by Rammy03

9 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

Everton should stick with Lampard. They can't keep sacking managers. They've had every manger under the sun and it never works. Tells you that there's deeper issues. That club has been poorly run. I'm not sure what more Lampard can do to be honest. It's a poor squad of players and it will take time to turn it around again.

Cometh the hour, cometh the Moyes. 

15 hours ago, Zag zig said:

Jody is a proper coach.

Frankie just did the badges and a bit of punditry......

13 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Jody is a proper coach.

Frankie just did the badges and a bit of punditry......

Well I know it’s different by a long way, but i looked at what Jody achieved with Chelsea academy, he did really well. Yes their academy buys talent but they were competing against other wealthy academies and it’s more of a level playing field. Hence my earlier observation. 

Jody always seems to come across well and probably hasn’t had the media training Frank has. Big difference being a pundit and translating it on the training ground. I’ve nothing against Lampard but I do wonder if the role Jody played, was more instrumental in getting us in the play offs than people realise, including Chelsea when they took their “favoured son” on as manager.

45 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Well I know it’s different by a long way, but i looked at what Jody achieved with Chelsea academy, he did really well. Yes their academy buys talent but they were competing against other wealthy academies and it’s more of a level playing field. Hence my earlier observation. 

Jody always seems to come across well and probably hasn’t had the media training Frank has. Big difference being a pundit and translating it on the training ground. I’ve nothing against Lampard but I do wonder if the role Jody played, was more instrumental in getting us in the play offs than people realise, including Chelsea when they took their “favoured son” on as manager.

Seen a couple of those pieces from football magazine programs where Jody would put some ex-players through some drills he'd come up with.

Seemed to be a very innovative and inventive coach with lots of good ideas.

1 hour ago, SKRam said:

Looking forward to this one tonight (that’ll kill it). Hardly seen Man City this season, Haaland is something else. 1-4 my prediction 

??? yep you’ve jinxed it. Absolute snooze fest this one, 35 mins in and no clear cut chance to speak of for either side. Much like the Arsenal vs NUFC game the other night ???

Edited by Ted McMinn Football Genius

Chelsea are weird. Potter’s being dragged over the coals. But taken in isolation a 1-0 home defeat to Man City isn’t the end of the world. They went into that game as underdogs. Fans are being told to trust the process, to give him time. Looking at Arteta as an example. But Chelsea isn’t a project. They were European and world champions a year ago. Chelsea have proven that they don’t need to be patient, they have plenty of precedent that it’s not unfair to expect instant results from an elite manager.

Arsenal and Liverpool, and now United, we’re in the saldrías for a good few years. They’re projects, and you have to give the manager some time. Chelsea shouldn’t be a project. Seems the new owner has decided it should be, but he inherited the European champions, surely he didn’t need to ring the changes, just let it keep doing what it’s doing. 

6 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Chelsea are weird. Potter’s being dragged over the coals. But taken in isolation a 1-0 home defeat to Man City isn’t the end of the world. They went into that game as underdogs. Fans are being told to trust the process, to give him time. Looking at Arteta as an example. But Chelsea isn’t a project. They were European and world champions a year ago. Chelsea have proven that they don’t need to be patient, they have plenty of precedent that it’s not unfair to expect instant results from an elite manager.

Arsenal and Liverpool, and now United, we’re in the saldrías for a good few years. They’re projects, and you have to give the manager some time. Chelsea shouldn’t be a project. Seems the new owner has decided it should be, but he inherited the European champions, surely he didn’t need to ring the changes, just let it keep doing what it’s doing. 

Worst team in the league over past 8 games I believe. 

I don't get it. Why are Chelsea paying so much for a 5 month loan, when I first heard of the interest I figured it would be to buy in the summer, yet he's signing a new deal before he leaves. Makes no sense.