Premier League | 22/23 Season

Day

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Jurgen Klopp thinks he is playing FM by going to a 4-2-4 formation.

No wonder TAA looks crap defensively. He is completely exposed out there as Salah doesn’t track back.

Also, why would you play Salah as a wide right forward rather than an inside forward. It’s little wonder he has barely scored this season as he is playing further away from the goal and is less involved.

14 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Also, why would you play Salah as a wide right forward rather than an inside forward. It’s little wonder he has barely scored this season as he is playing further away from the goal and is less involved.

Coz he...

23 hours ago, David said:

Forest v Villa

Leicester v Palace

Not been a great advert for the Premier League this week. ?

The PL is promoted as the best league in the world due to games like Arsenal vs Liverpool.

But for every game like that, you get three games of Wolves v Forest, Leeds v Villa and Leicester v Palace stinking the place out.

11 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

The PL is promoted as the best league in the world due to games like Arsenal vs Liverpool.

But for every game like that, you get three games of Wolves v Forest, Leeds v Villa and Leicester v Palace stinking the place out.

True, yet that's no reason why the other games can't be entertaining. Plenty are, those 2 were just completely dross.

Wondering if some of these players already have an eye on the World Cup and those not playing already on holiday.

4 minutes ago, David said:

True, yet that's no reason why the other games can't be entertaining. Plenty are, those 2 were just completely dross.

Wondering if some of these players already have an eye on the World Cup and those not playing already on holiday.

In Villa’s case, they are really playing within themselves. When the pressure is on managers, it seems they just resort to safe ‘must-not-lose’ football.

Forest v Villa was awful as both teams prioritized not losing over winning. 

3 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

In Villa’s case, they are really playing within themselves. When the pressure is on managers, it seems they just resort to safe ‘must-not-lose’ football.

Forest v Villa was awful as both teams prioritized not losing over winning. 

Mings didn't get the memo with the assist for Mount today

1 hour ago, David said:

True, yet that's no reason why the other games can't be entertaining.

This was fairly entertaining

"Leeds have blown a massive opportunity. The keeper goes the right way and Bamford probably tries to put a little bit extra on it and by doing that he's just curled it past the post. Only inches past but that doesn't matter. It will be painful for Bamford."

1 minute ago, David said:

Looks like Liverpool have finally started their season, Premier League is unforgiving though so barring a Man City and Arsenal disaster, they are out of it.

I thought that after they beat Newcastle in the 98th minute. But then they followed that up with dross. 

I had Liverpool to win the league this season. I thought they’d be galvanized after missing out by just one point last season. 

Just now, Bris Vegas said:

I thought that after they beat Newcastle in the 98th minute. But then they followed that up with dross. 

I had Liverpool to win the league this season. I thought they’d be galvanized after missing out by just one point last season. 

Even with the Haaland signing for Man City whilst Liverpool lost Mane?

Some call that was!

After the destruction of Rangers, followed by this, you would expect them to kick on now

1 hour ago, David said:

Some call that was!

After the destruction of Rangers, followed by this, you would expect them to kick on now

If they’ve got their mojo back, then the teams who have already took points off them have been very lucky to play them at the right time. 

1 hour ago, David said:

Some call that was!

Part of me thought it may take Haaland and City a while to get going and Liverpool’s easier start could see them build up some steam.

But the draws against Fulham, Palace, Everton and Brighton were bad results.