Tom Lawrence - Joined Rangers

Bubbles

59 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

I would imagine bonuses such as goals, clean sheets etc may not be allowed but I would imagine a promotion bonus is allowed when you consider the extra revenue involved.

Basic wage, goal/game/other bonuses, promotion bonuses, and even expenses must all be included in the SCMP 75% limit. I expect the same inclusions for the business plan agreement.

7 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Basic wage, goal/game/other bonuses, promotion bonuses, and even expenses must all be included in the SCMP 75% limit. I expect the same inclusions for the business plan agreement.

Although this wouldn’t apply in the case of Tom Lawrence, just reading the rules and transitional arrangements allow us to exclude our existing players that were contracted before last September and players 20 and under in the majority of cases. Quite interesting as guess we pretty much started from zero salary calculation last week.

Is it therefore possible we could use Loan Fees and wages received from Bielik to “fund” Tom Lawrence’s wages for a year?

5 minutes ago, TooFarInToTurnRed said:

Although this wouldn’t apply in the case of Tom Lawrence, just reading the rules and transitional arrangements allow us to exclude our existing players that were contracted before last September and players 20 and under in the majority of cases. Quite interesting as guess we pretty much started from zero salary calculation last week.

Is it therefore possible we could use Loan Fees and wages received from Bielik to “fund” Tom Lawrence’s wages for a year?

Youre right about the age rule. We started with Bird, Knight, Bielik and Byrne as all are older than 20.

We may have an individual wage cap as part of the business plan, which would prevent us from offering Lawrence a disproportionate amount of the wages.

I can’t see the business plan being “that” harsh.

1)were in league one and I imagine our budget/restrictions are still massively different to other clubs. 
2) I can’t see the EFL being in a great bargaining position when it came to us leaving admin. After 9 months if they were the barrier to us exiting admin it wouldn’t have looked great. So I think the business plan will be fairly flexible. 

8 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

I can’t see the business plan being “that” harsh.

1)were in league one and I imagine our budget/restrictions are still massively different to other clubs. 
2) I can’t see the EFL being in a great bargaining position when it came to us leaving admin. After 9 months if they were the barrier to us exiting admin it wouldn’t have looked great. So I think the business plan will be fairly flexible. 

I can’t go along with any of your thinking there - we will be a big player in league one even with the restrictions imposed though.

4 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Youre right about the age rule. We started with Bird, Knight, Bielik and Byrne as all are older than 20.

We may have an individual wage cap as part of the business plan, which would prevent us from offering Lawrence a disproportionate amount of the wages.

According to the below I found there are Transitional arrangement so surely Bielik, Bird and Knight would be excluded. As Byrne is a renewal I suspect he would have to be included.

“Relegated clubs 

The rules apply to all clubs and there is no moratorium for clubs relegated from the Championship. However, Transitional Arrangements are in place whereby clubs are allowed to exclude the wage costs of all players that the club signed pre September of the relegation season, if they were signed on contracts in excess of 3 seasons.”

34 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Lawrence and McGoldrick had spoken recently according to McGoldricks Rams TV interview.

Wonder if it was a bit of them learning about each other’s club

Probably the reality however he did reference 4 of our players that are currently all out of contract

21 hours ago, Premier ram said:

I thought i had read that Tom hasnt been in training with us ?

DET says "Lawrence did not report back for training with Derby last week as the 28-year-old contemplates his next move. "

Don't know what our wage 'cap' is but without competition Sheff Utd could easily bring him in at around £15k. I'd be surprised if we could get as high as £10k. Whilst we might be persuasive I can't see us matching the lure of a smaller paycut and signing a deal with a team who could realistically be in the Premier League in 12 months.

5 minutes ago, Rample said:

DET says "Lawrence did not report back for training with Derby last week as the 28-year-old contemplates his next move. "

Don't know what our wage 'cap' is but without competition Sheff Utd could easily bring him in at around £15k. I'd be surprised if we could get as high as £10k. Whilst we might be persuasive I can't see us matching the lure of a smaller paycut and signing a deal with a team who could realistically be in the Premier League in 12 months.

His main aim, apart from the dosh on offer, must be to go to the World Cup with Wales. If he hits the ground running at the highest level he can, it gives him a greater chance of selection.

My blades mate telling me, he’s very close to signing and would be the icing on the cake for their recruitment this summer.

Can’t disagree with him. As an aside, they are really pleased McGoldrick choose us over the smoggies. Thinks he will be great signing for us.

7 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

His main aim, apart from the dosh on offer, must be to go to the World Cup with Wales. If he hits the ground running at the highest level he can, it gives him a greater chance of selection.

There seems to be a personal issue between him and Page and I get the impression that unless Lawrence shows some unbelievable form which can't be ignored (unlikely), he won't get back into the Wales squad.

6 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

There seems to be a personal issue between him and Page and I get the impression that unless Lawrence shows some unbelievable form which can't be ignored (unlikely), he won't get back into the Wales squad.

Not sure how true it is, but I heard whispers that Page lost someone close as the result of a drink driver...

35 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Lawrence will have to hit the ground running and not stop for him to get in the Wales squad, Championships last games are November 12th, So I'd imagine all players to meet up on the Sunday and fly out to Qatar to acclimatise ready for their 1st game on the 21st.

I don't see Lawrence being in the squad...unless an injury to A N Other forces Page to pick him.