New signings, who will be first...and next?

RoyMac5

10 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Fresh start for all involved. NML has made mistakes in the past, as have many of us, everyone deserves a chance to move on from their mistakes. He’s a ram now, let’s hope we see some of that pace and power he’s shown in the past.

What a refreshing 48 hours it’s been. I’ve been optimistic throughout this process and am very pleased to know I wasn’t completely insane to be so ? 

I don’t mind us taking a bit of a punt on a player who’s been written off - on a free, it’s not the end of the world if it doesn’t work out. And I’d much rather we take the punts, than spend silly money after another club has “rehabilitated” them, like we did with Waghorn, Butterfield etc.

Just now, maxjam said:

I'm all for giving people second chances if they have shown remorse and sought help.

Hopefully he's mature enough to realise he has a great opportunity at Derby and makes the most of the rest of his career ?

Sheffield wednesday, tried that route with him. It didn't work for them.

2 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Bradley Johnson Hmmm. What would we think on that?

I got the impression he was quite settled in the area (maybe still lives here?). I think this  would only happen/make sense if Beilik and or Bird were off.

Think he would be a good player in L1 (adding some teeth to the midfield ?)

Suarez next then?

Just now, IncredibleKoosh said:

Never thought he did that badly last time round. The problem was the wages he was on.

Was a pretty regular starter for a decent Blackburn side last year I believe?

And he won't allow us to be bullied.

Definite pattern to the signings. - Fellas who can look after themselves.

I'd love for us to have a bit of pace/power up top.

6 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

My suspicion is it may be length of contract for a couple of these old boys with money being tight . 12 months maximum on offer I'd think. 

That is my thought as well, Davies probably feels the club owe him a two year deal like everyone else.

5 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

I got the impression he was quite settled in the area (maybe still lives here?). I think this  would only happen/make sense if Beilik and or Bird were off.

At the right price for us he'd be a good acquisition at this level. Yes his  quality sometimes lets him down but he has grit and determination in abundance. Ideal for where we are at. 

It’s definitely a strong start to our transfer activity and much needed after the last few seasons of embargoes.

So far it’s been steady performers who we should be able to rely on. Hourihane would be immense in league 1 and I hope we could maybe get one or two more of that calibre (striker and full back) to be part of what could be the most fun season we’ve had in years.

I also expect us to get some youth signings in too. Perhaps some recently released youngsters who’ve seen our pathway into the first team will be happy to sign up and bolster our u21 team with a chance of breaking through this season.

This weekend is amazing!

Just now, Foreveram said:

That is my thought as well, Davies probably feels the club owe him a two year deal like everyone else.

That's right, plus he'd be worth it. I think it's more to do with 'playing out' the announcements!

9 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Massive best buddies with CKR, to the extent he was picking him up after games last year.

Still lives local, if CKR signs up I'd imagine Bradley will too.