New signings, who will be first...and next?

RoyMac5

Will be interesting to see who we bring in this week (if any at all). Our work in the transfer market has been impressive so far, however i'd imagine that the majority of the deals were already sorted before Clowes takeover. 

I'd say we're still 4-5 players short, so will be interesting to see what calibre of player we go for next? More experience? Or maybe a couple of young guns on loan? 

It may be a case that we're also quite close to our business plan and need one or more to move on before we can get the cheque book out. 

As far as i'm aware currently we're linked with; Roofe, Northampton's LB and Stephens.

Let's see what this week brings. 

Roofe - loan 

Forsyth - extension

koiki- undisclosed fee £300-400,000 plus add ons  ( max under busi plan is  £1m)

knight signs contract extension 

another GK on a free 

possibly sibley or bielik gone 

bird - I reckon 2m bid rejected from Coventry or something ridiculous 

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/derby-county-transfers-liam-rosenior-7346631?fbclid=IwAR30bZW-J5q9Hy3zaj4pMyfZNF7-sgkI_9D7WDTPjy1We2Vpp8vw1ncJYBo

Derby have had to operate in the free transfer market because the business plan agreed with the Football League as part of Clowes' takeover dictates they can not pay fees for players. But Rosenior feels the knowledge he has added to the squad will help Derby's next crop of young stars and address their away record given they won three games on the road last season in the Championship.

I would imagine this would rule the move for Ali Koiki a non-starter.

33 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

But disappointing?

Years         Team              Apps   Gls

2013–2016 Southend United 77...15

2016–2019 Huddersfield Town 23...2

2017–2018-Oxford United (loan) 28...3

2018-Blackburn Rovers (loan) 18...1

2018–2019-Bradford City (loan) 39...9

2019–2020-Lincoln City 23...2

2020–2022-Swindon Town 78...17

Good season just gone, But yet another midfielder...when we need a fullback or 2 and a keeper ?‍♀️

17 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

I wonder if that's an EFL enforced diktat, or if the club have chosen to say we're won't pay fees, if we can have a slightly bigger wage-budget to play around with.  Given how many free agents there are about, post-COVID, it wouldn't be a crazy position to take.

Surely if/when we sell someone then it allows us to spend money so we could go after Ali Koiki.

Are we definitely getting any money from Werder Bremen for Lee Buchanan or is this in dispute, plus will Byrne command a fee ?

Hope Byrne sees what we are building here and sees sense and stays. 

Certainly a few loan players are probably the way now for those positions we need players (LB and GK).

Regards

Gangway D from the terrace 

3 hours ago, duncanjwitham said:

I wonder if that's an EFL enforced diktat, or if the club have chosen to say we're won't pay fees, if we can have a slightly bigger wage-budget to play around with.  Given how many free agents there are about, post-COVID, it wouldn't be a crazy position to take.

The DET article states that it's the business plan agreed with Clowes and the EFL when he took the club over.

So if it's an agreement then not sure why the word enforced is being used. 

What the article doesn't say is how long this agreement will go on for, whether it's open ended or to an agreed fixed timescale or open for review at any point 

Based off what Rosenior has said about wanting players in who are experienced, know some of the other players already here & have promotions on their CV, I wonder if we could be in for Elmohamady. Plays RB so a position we need, been promoted before & knows Rosenior Davies Chester Hourihane from his time at Hull & Villa

4 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Based off what Rosenior has said about wanting players in who are experienced, know some of the other players already here & have promotions on their CV, I wonder if we could be in for Elmohamady. Plays RB so a position we need, been promoted before & knows Rosenior Davies Chester Hourihane from his time at Hull & Villa

He's been without a club for a year hasn't he? I think he's with Villa on pre season at the moment in some sort of ambassador role