New signings, who will be first...and next?

RoyMac5

2 hours ago, Oldben said:

Jamal Blackman is a shout at GK, none of the others really stand out to me as viable options given the additions we’ve already made. 
Given the links to the Northampton lad  I’m wondering if we’ve now reached the point where a couple of permanent signings can be made for small fees?

Lewis Grabban is free, I’d take him for a season. I still think we short up top, if Collins gets injured we have no back up 

7 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Lewis Grabban is free, I’d take him for a season. I still think we short up top, if Collins gets injured we have no back up 

In 'Sunderland Til I Die' he came across as a pretty selfish character...definitely wouldn't fit into what Rosenior is saying is his criteria.

Mercenary with the worst beard in history. 

Big no from me.

4 hours ago, ram59 said:

I was disappointed that we sold Christie and replaced him by spending twice as much money on Wisdom, I could never understand the love for Wisdom, he was strong and he was strong and he was strong and that's about it. He was very slow and turned slower than the QE2. If he went past the half way line he got a nose bleed. He was totally unsuited to be a modern full back, maybe suited to the right side of a back 3.

Thought Wisdom looked solid but not a modern full back type. However Wasn’t convinced on Christie. 

28 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

In 'Sunderland Til I Die' he came across as a pretty selfish character...definitely wouldn't fit into what Rosenior is saying is his criteria.

Mercenary with the worst beard in history. 

Big no from me.

Didn’t see it, but if that’s the case I agree we don’t want disruptive characters in the group. 

56 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Well my reason was of course that Nick Blackman was one of our worst ever signings. I would object to signing anyone called Butterfield for the same reason. 

If that is truly the case then why bring it up in the first place? ?‍♂️

23 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

I thought it was obvious. apparently not. 

You made it clear mate...

2 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

Would I be racist in objecting to anyone called Blackman? 

For the record I'm not trying to call you out for being a racist. I'm sure you're not, but I don't see the point in unnecessarily highlighting the point in your first post on the matter then not owning it when it's pointed out to you.

If your first post was more along the lines of: "Would it be bad if I objected to anyone called Blackman being signed after how poor Nick Blackman was for us?" Then we wouldn't have had this little tête-à-tête.