New manager, who do you want?

RoyMac5

2 minutes ago, CodnorRam said:

I'd try and get Chris Hughton tbh. i know he didnt work out for Forest but think he'd be crucial for us in a rebuild.

I like Liam but hes never managed a team like this and its the biggest rebuild in our history. He's also a name that wont attract youngsters from other academies like Rooney did.

Don't think it was Rooney attracting them tbh.

10 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

LR was seen as someone who'd spent the previous year watching the Championship in detail through his work with Sky

Yes I know what was said, but it just made no sense to me.  I don't understand how watching football on the TV in the studio of Sky makes you more of an expert than the armchair fan in his/her own living room.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Don't think it was Rooney attracting them tbh.

Well if it wasn't him , i hope we continue that way of recruiting! if we'd of been able to get these lads on contracts in our favor we'd of made quite abit of money! ?

9 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

You forgot the section that goes... 

There are two teams who take it in turns to score. The team trying to score have 2 batters who are "in" which means that they go out on the field. When a batter is "out" he comes in and the next batter who's "in" goes out. Eventually when the whole team who were "in" are "out", then the team who were out on the field are "in" and they come in whereas the team who were "in" are now "out" and so go out on the field....... ?

You've got the tea towel as well, then? ?

28 minutes ago, CodnorRam said:

I'd try and get Chris Hughton tbh. i know he didnt work out for Forest but think he'd be crucial for us in a rebuild.

I like Liam but hes never managed a team like this and its the biggest rebuild in our history. He's also a name that wont attract youngsters from other academies like Rooney did.

Neither will Hughton.

Some of the names being suggested are depressing - Warnock, Hughton, Cook, Allerdyce etc etc.

Given that Rosenior is familiar with the players and coaching staff i would continue with him in the managers' role, at least in the short term. Assuming that financial resources will be limited for some while, we should prioritise our spending on the player recruitment side because the squad as it stands, even with extending contracts for some, will be unlikely to be good enough to mount a serious promotion challenge - I can see the likes of Knight, Byrne, Buchanan and Bielik leaving before the season starts.

43 minutes ago, CodnorRam said:

Or i'd go for Jody Morris and try and poach Chelsea academy players ? Lampard might help his old mate out and send us Pickford or summet... Hopefully not Gylfi sigurdson Jim Carrey Omg GIF  

Please god no!

38 minutes ago, DerbysLane said:

Yes I know what was said, but it just made no sense to me.  I don't understand how watching football on the TV in the studio of Sky makes you more of an expert than the armchair fan in his/her own living room.

I think having played nearly 400 league games (the vast majority at Championship level and above) might just give him an edge as an expert over the armchair fan.

13 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Think we should offer Rosenoir the job on a joint interim basis along with 3 other members of the Derby coaching staff. 

What could possibly go wrong

What would you do Tyler? Get the administrators to appoint on a short term basis or employ a new management team permanently or perhaps wait ntil the buyout is complete and decide? 

2 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

What would you do Tyler? Get the administrators to appoint on a short term basis or employ a new management team permanently or perhaps wait ntil the buyout is complete and decide? 

Can't see any option other than give Rosenoir the job on an interim basis until things are sorted which is also the "safe" option to then extend the interim period if he does OK. 

21 hours ago, Mihangel said:

It's really not is it - I reckon I could earn their respect with my patter but I'm not sure I'd know what to do to turn things round when we're 2-0 down at half time to Shrewsbury....

We will have agree to disagree on that one. Yes, A great manager does know what to do in those circumstances but a good manager knows first how to get the best from his group individually and then to get them to play as a unit. Tactics and decisions come later in my book. 

Don’t envy Clowes on this subject. We need a decision and fast.

Rosenior is the obvious choice but is a massive gamble as to whether he’ll be a good manager or bad. If we look to bring anybody else in that won’t happen before another 10 days or so and by then we’ll be needing players asap. 

Think we either place all our chips on LR and get the ball rolling. Or we accept we’re gonna have a poor start, get battered most weeks. But whoever we go for can assemble a team before deadline day and go from there.