Serial Whingers Notts Forest playtime, which we simply cannot accept.

REDCAR

3 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

If Leicester win tomorrow then Forest will be bottom of the league.

I calles this a while ago. I said they’d look competitive and lively in their first few games, before getting comprehensively beaten by the better sides and then losing their first real ‘winnable’ game of the season.

The past two games has been their wake up call. That daunting realization that they are relegation fodder.

I've got more chance of platting my own pee then Leicester winning at Brighton tomorrow but weirder things have happened. 

Edited by Tyler Durden

2 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

Losing 6-0 to Man City is no big disgrace. Losing to Bournemouth is a real alarm bell. The bottom three includes West Ham and Leicester who you wouldn't really expect to stay there. If Forest are still in the bottom three in January will they try and carry on spending big? It is one huge gamble.    

The 6-0 loss showed the gap though. Teams like Southampton, Wolves, Palace, Leeds, Villa and Leicester have all fared much better at the Etihad in recent seasons. Yeah the majority have lost, but not by six.

That score line is familiar with Norwich and Watford going there and getting a tonking - teams who go down.

Forest have already got the second worst defensive record while only scoring four goals. 

They look short on quality at both ends of the pitch. 

19 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Can't see anything other than a home win today and an easy one at that.

Which would be 7 points from 6 games which extrapolates to avoiding relegation over the course of the season. 

Would like to be proved wrong.

And you were...... 

Both of us as bad as each other, spaffing 2 goal leads ?

Goes to show how tough the PL is if you're only able to realistically target a few opponents for points. 

No margin for error. 

51 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

How have they managed to spend that much money but still end up with Worrall, Cook and McKenna at the back. Shambolic. 

The only annoying thing is after yesterday's result they won't carry on having those 3 at the back which means they should improve. 

9 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

The only annoying thing is after yesterday's result they won't carry on having those 3 at the back which means they should improve. 

Worrall is captain, I reckon he'll keep playing. The problem they have is that they can't keep a settled side. Because they have so many players they have to keep chopping and changing. It won't work. In the premier League you don't have that luxury as a newly promoted team. You need to get it together very quickly or you'll get punished.

51 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Ironic that they did the same thing as us yesterday. The only difference was the £160m gap in spending and the fact that we lost to a bigger club than Bournemouth. 

We really are like Siamese twins that hate each other. 

Let a two goal half time lead at home slip will you. Hold my beer.

we are doomed to continue this dance. And even though we’re two leagues apart, days like yesterday just prove that we’re still quantumly entangled. Our fates are intertwined, like the best superhero / villain stories (and who’s who just depends on your perspective). Anyone who says this isn’t the best rivalry in English football is deluded.

what was really horrible yesterday though, was that I couldn’t follow the scores. All I’d heard was out half time score. So assumed we’d go on to win. Eventually had chance to check scores on the BBC and Forests came up first. I was giggling like a school girl. what a bunch of losers.

then I scrolled further down and saw ours ?

1 hour ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Really? I think we lost to a club that's more on a par with our spending this summer, but that's about it. 

I meant that, until the last 7 years, Plymouth were traditionally more successful than Bournemouth (league position etc) and even now have more fans and greater potential - they've just never had a wealthy Russian owner. 

3 minutes ago, Crewton said:

I meant that, until the last 7 years, Plymouth were traditionally more successful than Bournemouth (league position etc) and even now have more fans and greater potential - they've just never had a wealthy Russian owner. 

Plymouth is the largest city which has a football club that has never played in the top-flight. They definitely have potential and as a city they have a greater population than Southampton.