Serial Whingers Notts Forest playtime, which we simply cannot accept.

REDCAR

30 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Were they not meant to decide this last week? The cynic in me says this is an easy decision given the weekend’s results. No uproar from other clubs when the deduction gets reduced, no uproar from Forest who are now very unlikely to go down no matter what.

The PL or the commissions or whoever is deciding these things have got themselves into such an absurd position where it is controversial for a team not to get points back from an appeal. 

1 minute ago, nottingram said:

The PL or the commissions or whoever is deciding these things have got themselves into such an absurd position where it is controversial for a team not to get points back from an appeal. 

On a bang to rights charge the club self reported and agreed to to get a lesser deduction for good behaviour......

21 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Should have had it increased for a vexatious appeal. Wasn't their original penalty reduced because they'd "accepted their guilt"?

Hopefully, Luton and Burnley will threaten to sue them.

Thinking back, weren't Quantuma threatened by the EFL that our points deduction could be INCREASED if they appealed?

On 05/05/2024 at 12:18, 1of4 said:

I see dawnie is back with his childish trolling, the gumps must be starting to feel more confident of avoiding relegation.

To be fair to @Red_Dawnhe did explain that he had other issues in his life and realised they were more important than football. It appears they just happened to coincide with Forest being in danger of relegation and I, for one, am very glad these other issues have dropped away just in time for him to celebrate the red dogs incredible 17th place finish.

56 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

To be fair to @Red_Dawnhe did explain that he had other issues in his life and realised they were more important than football. It appears they just happened to coincide with Forest being in danger of relegation and I, for one, am very glad these other issues have dropped away just in time for him to celebrate the red dogs incredible 17th place finish.

Don’t be doing that. It has been a tough year for me. 

Football is merely a hobby. 22 grown men kicking a bag of wind about. Sometimes that gets put into perspective. 

3 hours ago, Kernow said:

Were they not meant to decide this last week? The cynic in me says this is an easy decision given the weekend’s results. No uproar from other clubs when the deduction gets reduced, no uproar from Forest who are now very unlikely to go down no matter what.

That’s exactly what happened. They were waiting until the weekends results before deciding what to do. Spineless 

3 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

That’s exactly what happened. They were waiting until the weekends results before deciding what to do. Spineless 

I don’t actually think that would’ve happened, or at least I hope not. It’s just convenient for all involved really isn’t it. It gives the PL less of a headache with threats of legal action if a club goes down due a points deduction.

The more all this goes on, the less I actually want Derby to be in the Premier League. The journey to get there would be great, but it won’t take long for all enjoyment of football to get sucked out by whatever this modern elite football is.

37 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

Don’t be doing that. It has been a tough year for me. 

Football is merely a hobby. 22 grown men kicking a bag of wind about. Sometimes that gets put into perspective. 

In which case I'd suggest not going on to a rivals team forum and playing that card when you're getting stick and then coming back on gloating when things are going well?

Am genuinely sad to hear you've had a bad year though. 

1 hour ago, Kernow said:

I don’t actually think that would’ve happened, or at least I hope not. It’s just convenient for all involved really isn’t it. It gives the PL less of a headache with threats of legal action if a club goes down due a points deduction.

The more all this goes on, the less I actually want Derby to be in the Premier League. The journey to get there would be great, but it won’t take long for all enjoyment of football to get sucked out by whatever this modern elite football is.

I can see that sentiment. Var in particular absolutely sucks the life out of football. 

However isn't it coming in for th championship too? Can't escape it 😞

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

In which case I'd suggest not going on to a rivals team forum and playing that card when you're getting stick and then coming back on gloating when things are going well?

Am genuinely sad to hear you've had a bad year though. 

Playing that card? 

Mate I've been posting here for years; much to the annoyance/amusement of several forum members. 

Was doing so when we were in a relegation battle during the Fawaz years. The Stoke collapse, 5-0 defeats at Pride Park. 

I don't think its fair to say I'm some fair-weather wum.. 

5 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

Playing that card? 

Mate I've been posting here for years; much to the annoyance/amusement of several forum members. 

Was doing so when we were in a relegation battle during the Fawaz years. The Stoke collapse, 5-0 defeats at Pride Park. 

I don't think its fair to say I'm some fair-weather wum.. 

I think most of us like it when you pop along for a mock and a poke, ive always just assumed you enjoyed the ridiculing, although I did agree with you that a certain person didn't really honour their avatar bet.

However, when you're ready to embrace your inner Ram and come to the light, we'll be here for you.

24 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

I can see that sentiment. Var in particular absolutely sucks the life out of football. 

However isn't it coming in for th championship too? Can't escape it 😞

It will yeah, although I think there are ways that VAR can be changed quite easily to make it improve the game rather than ruin it.

What I love about the Championship is the competitiveness of it. We aren’t going to be hoping and praying to finish one place above the relegation zone every season, but in the Premier League we would be. And you will be thrilled by finishing 17th this season, and next, and the next, and the next.

We could go down next season, we could also finish top half, it’s very open.

Don’t get me wrong, I will find it hilarious when you do eventually get relegated, but the Championship is the best league in the country and I’m hoping we can just enjoy this again for a while before going up or down.

31 minutes ago, Kernow said:

It will yeah, although I think there are ways that VAR can be changed quite easily to make it improve the game rather than ruin it.

What I love about the Championship is the competitiveness of it. We aren’t going to be hoping and praying to finish one place above the relegation zone every season, but in the Premier League we would be. And you will be thrilled by finishing 17th this season, and next, and the next, and the next.

We could go down next season, we could also finish top half, it’s very open.

Don’t get me wrong, I will find it hilarious when you do eventually get relegated, but the Championship is the best league in the country and I’m hoping we can just enjoy this again for a while before going up or down.

My nephews are 14 and 18 next month.  Neither has had the chance to see Derby in the top flight and competing.  Would love them to see it for a few years.  18 years is frankly ridiculous when I look at some of the teams up there.  Would also mean you have a very strong budget when you come come down and can be championship top end competitive for 3 years at least.