Serial Whingers Notts Forest playtime, which we simply cannot accept.

REDCAR

21 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

My nephews are 14 and 18 next month.  Neither has had the chance to see Derby in the top flight and competing.  Would love them to see it for a few years.  18 years is frankly ridiculous when I look at some of the teams up there.  Would also mean you have a very strong budget when you come come down and can be championship top end competitive for 3 years at least.  

It would be good for the younger supporters, but for a short period of time. I’ve barely seen us in the top flight myself but the way football was 20 years ago is vastly different to how it is now. It’s not going to be the same.

Getting there would be the best bit, and you never know, some clubs do manage to make a go of it, but the vast majority just come straight back down or struggle for a few years then come down anyway. It’s a long way off for us, but unless the rules stop favouring the big boys, it’s not an appealing prospect for me.

1 hour ago, Red_Dawn said:

I can see that sentiment. Var in particular absolutely sucks the life out of football. 

However isn't it coming in for th championship too? Can't escape it 😞

I'm all for goal-line technology, where there's an instant and indisputable outcome. VAR, can f*** right off, I loathe it. Any game where it's used now, there's a goal and then you wait and see if it falls foul of one of the myriad of reasons they can find to rule it out. It's sh**. Then there's the obvious inconsistencies - this past weekend being a prime example. Numerous instances of interference with the Bournemouth GK go unchecked/unpunished, yet Havertz contrives (minimal) contact with the same GK and they're all over it. F*** off. It's a Pandora's Box that should never, ever, have been opened. 

2 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I think most of us like it when you pop along for a mock and a poke, ive always just assumed you enjoyed the ridiculing, although I did agree with you that a certain person didn't really honour their avatar bet.

However, when you're ready to embrace your inner Ram and come to the light, we'll be here for you.

Not forgotten. 

On 05/05/2024 at 13:42, alram said:

i dont know the full details but hasnt he been cleared of every legal battle hes been involved in?

i spent 5 years working in albania in the 90s and everyone was convinced everyone that wasnt in business with them was running a mafia family, they are a strange bunch in the balkans they love slinging mud. he just appears like the average balkan billionaire to me who by our standards seem dodgy but literally everybody is like that over there. you really have to live there to see the s*** that goes on over there.

yes its funny to post the libel stuff we do about the dodgy greek but i would like to point out i got banned from this forum for alleged libel against mel morris which was tame compared to the stuff posted on here and the greek seems keen on sueing everyone with a pulse at the minute

Poor Marinakis...

If only those selfish witnesses didn't keep getting themselves killed, he'd be able to clear his name properly.

5 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

Don’t be doing that. It has been a tough year for me. 

Football is merely a hobby. 22 grown men kicking a bag of wind about. Sometimes that gets put into perspective. 

You should stick around on here mate.....

...it's usually 22 windbags kicking perspectives around until it's all balls.....😉

10 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

To be fair to @Red_Dawnhe did explain that he had other issues in his life and realised they were more important than football. It appears they just happened to coincide with Forest being in danger of relegation and I, for one, am very glad these other issues have dropped away just in time for him to celebrate the red dogs incredible 17th place finish.

Open-top bus on standby....

3 hours ago, nottingram said:

My question would be whether they will add “World Famous” as an official prefix to the stadium name to make themselves feel just a tiny bit less like the provincial largely historically second tier football club that they are?

It's funny that Forest are amazed that Nottingham City Council won't give them a dirt cheap rent when the Council went into a Section 114.

Especially when their previous chairman proclaimed from the rooftops that they'd agreed on a new 250yr lease. When they hadn't - it was never confirmed.

Huge conflict of interest when their current chairman stands to gain massively should they move to a new site - his architecture firm would make so much more from an entirely new stadium than trying to polish a turd...

31 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

It's funny that Forest are amazed that Nottingham City Council won't give them a dirt cheap rent when the Council went into a Section 114.

Especially when their previous chairman proclaimed from the rooftops that they'd agreed on a new 250yr lease. When they hadn't - it was never confirmed.

Huge conflict of interest when their current chairman stands to gain massively should they move to a new site - his architecture firm would make so much more from an entirely new stadium than trying to polish a turd...

I’m also sure I read that the rent was increasing from £250k p/a to £1m p/a. Yes in isolation it is steep but only in the context of it seeming amazingly cheap in the first place, and even then it is just a drop in the ocean. I bet they were paying Clattenburg that to write his silly articles in the Daily Mail.

If they are surprised they are going to struggle to redevelop the “WF”CG they are incredibly stupid. I’m no genius but even I could’ve told them the West Bridgford NIMBY’s wouldn’t allow it (probably fair enough) and saved them loads of time and money. 

33 minutes ago, nottingram said:

I’m also sure I read that the rent was increasing from £250k p/a to £1m p/a. Yes in isolation it is steep but only in the context of it seeming amazingly cheap in the first place, and even then it is just a drop in the ocean. I bet they were paying Clattenburg that to write his silly articles in the Daily Mail.

If they are surprised they are going to struggle to redevelop the “WF”CG they are incredibly stupid. I’m no genius but even I could’ve told them the West Bridgford NIMBY’s wouldn’t allow it (probably fair enough) and saved them loads of time and money. 

I don't know much about ground values - though possibly more than the EFL's expert witness - but I'd stake a crisp £5 note that NCC would get £1m ground rent off a brand new riverside apartment complex. Especially when that would become much less painful as time goes on - probably only 10-15 years into the lease.

Will spend 20-30x that on garbage signings, but won't invest that into the WFCG? I call shenanigans.

Posted (edited)

I imagine building a stadium, then bringing x amount of thousand to a site next to a nature reserve would cause a certain amount of issues before you even get a JCB on site.

More bluster to put pressure on the council? I’d guess so, but my bet has long been that when a European league comes back to the forefront they’ll be a club like Forest who will try and sneak in as other clubs above them drop out. Does a 50k stadium have more longevity in prem/EFL or in a ‘super league’ and they move towards a Man U or Liverpool model with tourists and move away from looking after your loyal fans?

Not saying I’m right or anything on that, but Forest fans need to ask them whether there are moves being made by the ownership that is in the interest of the club or the ownership.

Edited by TuffLuff