Serial Whingers Notts Forest playtime, which we simply cannot accept.

REDCAR

34 minutes ago, Srg said:

They could literally stay up with the points total they have now, which is 29. Even if they didn't have a point deduction it's only 33. Nowhere near the supposed safety of 40 points. It's a terrible season however you slice it, they shouldn't have been anywhere near relegation with the three promoted teams being so unbelievably poor.

The lowest anyone's ever survived on in the Premier League is West Brom back in 2005 with 34 points. Would be the jammiest result if they somehow stay up on sub-30.

35 minutes ago, Srg said:

They could literally stay up with the points total they have now, which is 29. Even if they didn't have a point deduction it's only 33. Nowhere near the supposed safety of 40 points. It's a terrible season however you slice it, they shouldn't have been anywhere near relegation with the three promoted teams being so unbelievably poor.

They'd have gone on 34 last year on goals, so would have certainly gone in any other season.  With the teams that have/will come up no-one will get away with that next season. That being said,  I'd expect the points needed on an annual basis to steady around the 34 mark as the disparity widens.  Was always 38-40 and now seems to be about 36.

Ok a couple of things: 

10 hours ago, Carnero said:

My god John Percy really has become a mouthpiece for Forest & Marinakis. Latest article being how brilliant their recruitment has been when their team has mustered less than a point per game excluding deduction and only stands above the 3 newly promoted teams.

Did Marinakis make him an offer he couldn't refuse or something?

Marlon Brando Don Corleone GIF by The Godfather

If Notts stay up it'll be thanks to these four "bargain" purchases. That means that 26 odd players were pointless/fillers. Or 200m worth of "talent" good recruitment? Naaah.

Secondly I think Toton is a ploy to get the council to charge a peppercorn rent, helps with FFP. But, if it isnt then we know where the new EM mayor is spending all the cash, extending and maintaining a tram route there. Also 50k? What happens if they go down? 17k fans in a 50k stadium, more like "Lull of Kintyre" (I'll get me coat)

9 hours ago, Chopper said:

Ok a couple of things: 

If Notts stay up it'll be thanks to these four "bargain" purchases. That means that 26 odd players were pointless/fillers. Or 200m worth of "talent" good recruitment? Naaah.

Secondly I think Toton is a ploy to get the council to charge a peppercorn rent, helps with FFP. But, if it isnt then we know where the new EM mayor is spending all the cash, extending and maintaining a tram route there. Also 50k? What happens if they go down? 17k fans in a 50k stadium, more like "Lull of Kintyre" (I'll get me coat)

They should have entered Eurovision, looking at where it's being held they coulda got another star for their shirt 

16 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

As things stand...

Luton winning and Burnley drawing

Screenshot_20240511_152630_Scores.thumb.jpg.92c32164eb67a8886d74a7c7ea13a6bb.jpg

Needs Burnley to win today really considering they have Forest at home on the final day.

2 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Assuming of course they don't jam a result against Chelsea.....

Chelsea are almost within touching distance of a European spot. Can't see it being an end-of-season kick-about

8 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

It's all over now. Let's have it right the 3 promoted teams have been so far off it. Even with a points deduction forest have stayed up with relative ease.

Relative ease??? They could still survive based purely on goal difference which would be by the skin of their teeth!

3 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Relative ease??? They could still survive based purely on goal difference which would be by the skin of their teeth!

they're safe with two games to spare and have had a points deduction. forest are rubbish as well. If the bottom 3 just had a little bit more quality then forest would have been down.

2 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

they're safe with two games to spare and have had a points deduction. forest are rubbish as well. If the bottom 3 just had a little bit more quality then forest would have been down.

Well let's all cross our fingers they manage it next season 🤞

27 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

There is a moral here : break the spending rules if you want to survive, keep within the rules if you don't.

Who's going to save their asses next season?