Serial Whingers Notts Forest playtime, which we simply cannot accept.

REDCAR

3 hours ago, David said:

Be interesting to know what kind of job Nuno was sold and were they transparent with him.

A very good point. If he asked for, and received assurances that they were not going to have any issues with FFP, before he agreed to take the job then he could well walk, and sue them for  negligent misrepresentation and/or fraudulent inducement

That would be 

image.png.aeff9c2483ddbd28653058e661e8e2eb.png

4 hours ago, Sparkle said:

So it seems that the red dogs want to change the accounting year - how very Sheffield Wednesday of them 

They also think that waiting to sell one player to gain potentially more money should help them while ignoring the other 43 that they signed for what was it £300 million is fine and dandy whilst never considering playing them, Hmm 🤔 

TBH, whoever at the club thinks that is a tenable excuse needs banning from football, for exactly the reason you state.

I do remember allot of their fans screaming that we should be accepting any old bid for our players in order to meet our obligations, so they surely can't be supporting the club's argument or that would be very hypocritical. £35m wasn't a p-take offer and they knew they needed the sale to meet FFP.

34 minutes ago, Crewton said:

TBH, whoever at the club thinks that is a tenable excuse needs banning from football, for exactly the reason you state.

I do remember allot of their fans screaming that we should be accepting any old bid for our players in order to meet our obligations, so they surely can't be supporting the club's argument or that would be very hypocritical. £35m wasn't a p-take offer and they knew they needed the sale to meet FFP.

Would have been very interesting if Johnston had said he wasn’t going to Spurs and he was waiting for a free transfer 

35 minutes ago, Crewton said:

My presumption is to be able to use the excuse about going over a threshold you’d have to show that you are some way down the line with getting the deal done. Thats similar to how it would work in the real world I think when it comes to accounting (I’m not an expert on that).

To enter negotiations after the cut off date and getting a deal done and thinking you’d get away with it doesn’t really hold up. Having a constant dialogue with the Prem is one thing, what you are telling them is another and my guess is they are just answering whatever you put to them and nothing else. Was the same with us under Morris and the EFL.

16 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Would have been very interesting if Johnston had said he wasn’t going to Spurs and he was waiting for a free transfer 

There’s a very interesting under current to all this as to whether Johnson was pushed out by Forest to help bankroll everything. I think there is a bit of spilt milk between the Johnson family and the club now, but I’m not ITK or ought. There ls certainly some between who I look at as ‘traditional’ fans and the ownership over stuff like what has happened with the academy. 

There’s a lot on the surface atm, but I think there’s quite a bit going on behind the scenes too

If i'm understanding this correctly Forest were offered money for a certain BJ, they thought the BJ they had on offer was worth more and held out for a better offer for said BJ at a later time. Whichever way you look at their arguement it's a bit difficult to swallow.

5 minutes ago, Baj said:

If i'm understanding this correctly Forest were offered money for a certain BJ, they thought the BJ they had on offer was worth more and held out for a better offer for said BJ at a later time. Whichever way you look at their arguement it's a bit difficult to swallow.

That sort of argument just makes you want to spit….

9 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Other tidbits from this article, include
the aforementioned by @David, Harry Arter has banked £6m since his last game for Forest
Omar Richards signed for £8.5m from Bayern Munich, whose medical somehow missed a fractured leg

To be fair I don't think anyone has actually Omar Richards actually exists. A complete myth

Jokes aside, pretty unbelievable. 

On 15/01/2024 at 09:59, May Contain Nuts said:

...but so what if you didn't stay up? There's no great shame in it. If you can't afford to stay up without cheating, or find a way to compete above your budget then that's just the way it is.

We've both completed 120 seasons, with 50.8% of Derby's in the top flight, 47.5% of Forest's. That to me says what our natural level is.

There's little reason you couldn't find yourself back up there soon afterwards if managed correctly. Coming back down to the Championship with a load of parachute payments, keeping hold of a few players who show themselves capable of making the step up and 'going again', evolving the squad over time, buying well, is an acceptable method of natural growth. Not easy but doable.

Instead you (not you specifically) acted like Forest had some god given right to compete in the Premier League at the first attempt, despite a 20+ year absence.

Luton have taken the opposite approach to Forest (perhaps out of necessity), and I'd back them to go straight back up next season if they go down and keep Edwards (which may be a hard task), or find a good replacement.

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

Was just thinking, with this FFP charge coming in, you have to question why they decided to spend half of last season without a shirt sponsor because they thought they could somehow get more than was being offered. That must have counted for a few million at least.

If any season is the year to wipe the slate clean, then this is it.

I’d only be concerned about relegation if the point deduction is 15+ points.

Anything less and they will be fine.

The bottom 3 won’t make it to 30 points.

Signing 43 players in a year really is special.  250 million not including promotion bonus, wage increase, new wage, loan fees and agents. Throw in 10 million for the Tik Tok kid and a few private jets.  Can't understand how this has happened at all.  By not paying agents their millions god knows how much self employment tax is missing from the exchequer .  We all know how upset they get about that.  

Edited by Gee SCREAMER !!