Serial Whingers Notts Forest playtime, which we simply cannot accept.

REDCAR

16 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

I like to look at the attendance a different way. 

Approximately 29k watched Nottingham Forest beat Manchester United at home in the Premier League.

Approximately 29k watched Derby County lose at home to Peterborough United in the third tier of English football 😂

I don't think this is the win you're looking for.. 

Obi-Wan Kenobi Not The Droids GIF

It’s weird how people in England argue over attendances. It just doesn’t happen abroad.

Like I don’t think Leverkusen give two hoots that Schalke get bigger attendances than them.

Or Sevilla care that Real Betis get more bums on seats.

We’re all similar sized clubs, no bigger than Leicester, Bolton, Norwich, Blackburn, Southampton, Middlesbrough etc. And we’ll just fluctuate between midtable PL to top half League One until the day we die.

33 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

I like to look at the attendance a different way. 

Approximately 29k watched Nottingham Forest beat Manchester United at home in the Premier League.

Approximately 29k watched Derby County lose at home to Peterborough United in the third tier of English football 😂

I don't think this is the win you're looking for.. 

No not a win in the slightest

An EPL game just off the river Trent should be a full house with the world famous red devils in town and a City with a population approaching 300k...but failed

Meanwhile a 3rd tier game with 1500 away fans from Peterboro and a population approaching 270k shows that Brian Clough was right,,,Derby is a footballing Town

1 hour ago, Ram-Alf said:

No not a win in the slightest

An EPL game just off the river Trent should be a full house with the world famous red devils in town and a City with a population approaching 300k...but failed

Meanwhile a 3rd tier game with 1500 away fans from Peterboro and a population approaching 270k shows that Brian Clough was right,,,Derby is a footballing Town

Population of City of Nottingham with the Borough of Rushcliffe (where Forest actually play) is 450,000 LP - that doesn't even include places like Beeston, Hucknall, Carlton and Arnold. The Nottingham Urban population is around 600,000.

2 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

It’s weird how people in England argue over attendances. It just doesn’t happen abroad.

Like I don’t think Leverkusen give two hoots that Schalke get bigger attendances than them.

Or Sevilla care that Real Betis get more bums on seats.

We’re all similar sized clubs, no bigger than Leicester, Bolton, Norwich, Blackburn, Southampton, Middlesbrough etc. And we’ll just fluctuate between midtable PL to top half League One until the day we die.

Pretty sure it’s only us that bring it up because we can’t really banter them on the pitch

also forest sell out every match I don’t get what point the attendance people are trying to make

6 hours ago, alram said:

Pretty sure it’s only us that bring it up because we can’t really banter them on the pitch

also forest sell out every match I don’t get what point the attendance people are trying to make

methinks.jpg

10 minutes ago, Bessie1 said:

No, he’s talking sense

I never said it was nonsense, just intimating that he shows them an unhealthy* amount of love and respect, given the location of said posts*.

*All based on previous post history and therefore not just this one post.
Also just my personal opinion... which is never important, so don't worry yourself too much over it.  👍🍻 

10 hours ago, Crewton said:

Population of City of Nottingham with the Borough of Rushcliffe (where Forest actually play) is 450,000 LP - that doesn't even include places like Beeston, Hucknall, Carlton and Arnold. The Nottingham Urban population is around 600,000.

The figures I found were from 2011 and at the top of Google, I didn't really want to research to much as I didn't want GCHQ finding out that there's a man from Derby trying to find out where he could sell his over stock of 

image.png.e42da6e28c0bf6469b33cdb20b2f4306.png

34 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I never said it was nonsense, just intimating that he shows them an unhealthy* amount of love and respect, given the location of said posts*.

Also just my personal opinion... which is never important, so don't worry yourself too much over it.  👍🍻 

There's a reason why some out there buy half and half scarves 😉

On 07/12/2023 at 11:11, RadioactiveWaste said:

To be fair to Rooney - the team earned enough points to have avoided relegation without points deducted, so it was the points deduction that relegated us.

The culpable person however is Mel Morris without a shadow of a doubt.

You suggest that avoiding relegation with that squad and no points deduction would be an achievement. It was a squad that would ordinarily have been challenging for promotion. A good manager would have given us a decent chance of avoiding relegation even with the points deduction.  

18 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

You suggest that avoiding relegation with that squad and no points deduction would be an achievement. It was a squad that would ordinarily have been challenging for promotion. A good manager would have given us a decent chance of avoiding relegation even with the points deduction.  

I think you're over egging that, it wasn't a play-off level squad the year before and been weakened further. A squad that should've stayed up with no drama I'll give you.

4 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

to be honest i just watch a lot of premier league football because i have family interest and find myself watching a fair amount of forest matches. as a neutral i dont watch any of our league or championship. when im not watching us i am watch the prem. i just think half the stuff on this thread is petty and comes across as desperation when laughing at them ( like the attendences) whether you agree with me or you think i am a secret forest lover thats your prerogative

1 hour ago, alram said:

to be honest i just watch a lot of premier league football because i have family interest and find myself watching a fair amount of forest matches. as a neutral i dont watch any of our league or championship. when im not watching us i am watch the prem. i just think half the stuff on this thread is petty and comes across as desperation when laughing at them ( like the attendences) whether you agree with me or you think i am a secret forest lover thats your prerogative

Glasses Join Us GIF by nounish ⌐◨-◨

2 hours ago, alram said:

i just think half the stuff on this thread is petty and comes across as desperation when laughing at them ( like the attendences) whether you agree with me or you think i am a secret forest lover thats your prerogative

Isn't that the fun of rivalries though, the 'love to hate' mentality of it all?

Also I think attendances get brought up so much because it's about the only thing in the fans' control. I know it's due to capacity, but getting bigger attendances 2 leagues below is still very funny (even if it invites the obvious, yet effective comeback) 

1 hour ago, nottingram said:

Wonder what Moral High Ground FC will have to say on this

It’s the game they decided they wanted to play (like we had failed it a couple of seasons before) and I think eventually, unless you are a Villa, you do run out of road. It’ll be interesting but cant help but have that feeling that modern top tier football is becoming  more of a weeing contest rather than about playing football, not that they have any sympathy from me.

2 hours ago, nottingram said:

Wonder what Moral High Ground FC will have to say on this

Well worth it though for the value they got out of Jesse Lingard. And Shelvey. And Dennis, you know, the one with the shoes. And the one who did a little dance. And the ones who play for Olympiakos now, which is fine, absolutely fine. And the rest. I’m sure we could probably name them all but we might not have time.