Serial Whingers Notts Forest playtime, which we simply cannot accept.

REDCAR

2 hours ago, Birdyabroad said:

This is called a ‘playtime’ thread, so here goes…

Let’s say we fall well short this year, don’t get promoted, Clowes pulls the trigger and Warne’s gone.

Let’s also say, by some miracle, Cooper is still out of work (I think the first managerless champ team snaps him up).

Would you take Cooper as the new manager?

For me it’s a hell yes, no brainer. I actually thought he was doing a decent job at Swansea before Forest and they needed more patience. What he did for Forest was remarkable, luck or not.

😎

As long as he leads us to earning two gold stars, then yeah, why not!  👀

Part of me is thinking, maybe the fat Greek could have got it right.

Cooper is undoubtedly a fine coach, but his general approach to games was unlikely to result in anything than the current situation repeating. Eventually it would be more likely to end up with relegation rather than moving up the league. Perhaps a move progressive manager has better chance of moving forward than Mr C?

Edited by Dean (hick) Saunders

If anyone still subscribes to The Athletic and they want any negative gossip (the truth) about the red dogs suggest they read the article their resident award winning journo has done. I haven’t read it but seen snippets on Twitter and various Twitter comments. Makes for interesting reading. Maranakis’ cash has helped get them promoted, his chaotic running of the club (which we know has been the case for years) will destroy everything. 

22 hours ago, REDCAR said:

A shame when the fans have such a strong connection with the manager and they leave. When was the last time that happened to us?

Jim Smith??

Agree

Although losing George Burley hit a little, I think, with some Forest reactions Jim Smith may be closer. Frankly I feel Jim has a stronger legacy here than Cooper does there, but let's face it if Forest win 2 in a row then their manager is the best since Clough and the third star is a formality.

The feeling from some of my Forest fan acquaintances is that it's a real shame and his legacy is secure, but perhaps it's time for him to go. Although I hate to admit it, that was how I felt with Jim Smith.

Nuno did a fantastic job at Wolves and he is surely getting the job on the strength of that.

The thinking behind it is obvious: if Nuno could achieve top 10 finishes and a European run with Wolves, why not Forest?

I think the one thing that the Forest board may have overlooked is that Wolves’s success was built on recruitment and having great connections.

The recruitment at Forest has been anything but joined up, and without good recruitment, I am not sure that Nuno raises their ceiling much higher.

21 hours ago, Gerry Daly said:

Remember how just before this decision was announced Marianakis converted 11m debts to shares? I  reckon that was to raise the capital to buy Cooper off. The money needed to be found as a lump sum, it can't be deferred or paid in installments over 7 years like signings and wages to avoid FPP. I hope I'm right, because if so it means Forest are really up against it financially    

If its conversion of debt to equity, the money will already have been in the club and already spent most likely. 

7 hours ago, old tray boy said:

So it is now common knowledge that golum was in fact interviewed as a replacement for RH at Palace .So seems he wasn't as loyal as the florest fans would have you believe.

It sounds like this was after the speculation about him being under pressure started and the owner's dreaded vote of confidence "for now". You can bet the Forest hierarchy started sounding out potential replacements before Cooper started looking for a new job.

1 hour ago, Wolfie said:

Cooper will be fine. According to my Facebook feed this morning, he doesn't skip leg day......

IMG_0734.thumb.PNG.067f6767e56250265d3c1f3b42a32416.PNG

Mooning Marinakis?

I hope it’s Burnley hes lined uk for. Then he can spend the rest of the season hunting down forest. It would be so funny if he pipped them in the last day. 

I'm hearing that Forest have offered Liverpool a 7 million pound fee and an inordinate wage to Jota to sign on loan in January as long as he's fit enough.  Only six months and they're thinking it over as is the player to prove his fitness after a patchy period.  The source is very good and doesn't normally tell me anything without legs.  As you know I only post this sort of thing if it's pretty much certain. 

On 21/12/2023 at 00:46, old tray boy said:

So it is now common knowledge that golum was in fact interviewed as a replacement for RH at Palace .So seems he wasn't as loyal as the florest fans would have you believe.

Listen Steve, you've dodged a bullet mate. I managed to live in Derbyshire all those years, you'd have been living in this s*******. Spread your wings and fly pal, leave the old six fingers brigade behind, find a club that has fans who can talk and sing without grunting four times in every sentence

zzzzzz.jpg

On 21/12/2023 at 09:51, Malagaram said:

Some footballer was interviewed on BBC East Midland last night about Nuno,think his name was Perch,his comment was "well if he could do it with Wolves,he can do it for Forrest,We are a bigger club than Wolves ?

I saw that and spit me coffee out all over me telly.