Serial Whingers Notts Forest playtime, which we simply cannot accept.

REDCAR

41 minutes ago, DerbyPride said:

Respect to a fellow Hotpotter. I was only listening to their first Christmas album the other day.

Back to the topic, I work in Notts with a few Forest fans who are absolutely gutted *smirks*. The consensus is that appointing Nuno could either go really well or backfire spectacularly. He's got to hit the ground running or the locals will very quickly get on his back.

Choir Singing GIF by PENTAGON

Forest fans practicing their new chant…

”We’re on our way, we’re on our way

To the Championship, we’re on our way”

Nuno is one of those appointments that you could easily see working, particularly if Forest's foreign contingent prefer his methods to Cooper's more pragmatic approach. I can though envisage difficulties with the fanbase if results don't pick up significantly and they don't warm to his style of football. Or if he is, indeed, a busted flush after all.

8 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

In a weird analogy, Cooper is probably like that ‘childhood sweetheart’ you get with in Year 11, one of the nicest girls in your year. You think she’s a 9/10, you stick with her during six form and then you separate when adults. You are distraught because you think she is the one.

But in reality, she as a mid 20s adult is now actually just a 6/10, bang average in bed and she has a bland personality. You just think it’s amazing because it’s all you’ve ever known and you’ve yet to experience an Italian bombshell like De Zerbi.

Nuno is a 7/10. A step up. You just don’t want to admit it and step outside your comfort zone.

WTF, comparing Cooper to a childhood sweetheart and bedding them, looking at the bloke, how could that thought even enter your head.

You need help pal 🤣

I think this is the wrong decision. Cooper has done very well for forest, got them into the premier League out of nowhere and kept them there. He was always on a hiding to nothing with all these random players being brought in. I don't see Nuno getting much more out of this group.

10 minutes ago, Srg said:

Cooper has been the figurehead for the fans. Through everything, he's been the one thing the fans have rallied behind. He's shielded the owner and the higher ups and now he's gone. If Nuno does poorly, it will be open season amongst fans.

Nuno went to Saudi so I would assume he is more than willing to be a 'yes-man' to provide cover for the owner if need be. Nuno's biggest issue will be getting the fans on board. He doesn't exactly play an exciting brand of football and if results dont pick up quickly he'll be under pressure.

Remember how just before this decision was announced Marianakis converted 11m debts to shares? I  reckon that was to raise the capital to buy Cooper off. The money needed to be found as a lump sum, it can't be deferred or paid in installments over 7 years like signings and wages to avoid FPP. I hope I'm right, because if so it means Forest are really up against it financially    

1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Nuno went to Saudi so I would assume he is more than willing to be a 'yes-man' to provide cover for the owner if need be. Nuno's biggest issue will be getting the fans on board. He doesn't exactly play an exciting brand of football and if results dont pick up quickly he'll be under pressure.

Well that's it, he won't be a shield. Fans will want him gone and be heavily critical of the hierarchy, too. Whereas before, some may have been a little uneasy with some of the scattered recruitment or goings on, but it was ok, because they had Cooper it was overlooked.

This is called a ‘playtime’ thread, so here goes…

Let’s say we fall well short this year, don’t get promoted, Clowes pulls the trigger and Warne’s gone.

Let’s also say, by some miracle, Cooper is still out of work (I think the first managerless champ team snaps him up).

Would you take Cooper as the new manager?

For me it’s a hell yes, no brainer. I actually thought he was doing a decent job at Swansea before Forest and they needed more patience. What he did for Forest was remarkable, luck or not.

😎

3 minutes ago, Birdyabroad said:

This is called a ‘playtime’ thread, so here goes…

Let’s say we fall well short this year, don’t get promoted, Clowes pulls the trigger and Warne’s gone.

Let’s also say, by some miracle, Cooper is still out of work (I think the first managerless champ team snaps him up).

Would you take Cooper as the new manager?

For me it’s a hell yes, no brainer. I actually thought he was doing a decent job at Swansea before Forest and they needed more patience. What he did for Forest was remarkable, luck or not.

😎

Of course we would. I think Cooper is leaving forest with a lot of credit in the game and I'm sure he'd get offers for low prem/top championship clubs.

12 minutes ago, Birdyabroad said:

😎

I wouldn't describe his achievements as remarkable, they got promoted as a result of some questionable decisions in the play off final, then he had massive budget to spend on the team when they got promoted. He's done okay, but not remarkable.

1 hour ago, ram59 said:

I wouldn't describe his achievements as remarkable, they got promoted as a result of some questionable decisions in the play off final, then he had massive budget to spend on the team when they got promoted. He's done okay, but not remarkable.

Give the man some credit. They were a bottom of the Championship basket case when he took over - now they're a (severly indebted) heading back towards the Championship basket case - that's progress of a sort.....