New Kits 22-23 Season

SparxTheRam

Black socks…

We did it boys, we finally did it. There are tears in this old fools eyes.

This is for everyone out there who kept up the good fight and stood up for what they knew was right even when the whole world was telling them they were wrong.

Every year the new kit thread would start and every damn year we were in that thread demanding black socks. Well look who’s laughing now.

The tasteful Rams are on the up, enjoy the promotion season everyone ?

9C865173-E645-4F9A-8430-6A1CFAE3A205.gif

C6333F96-DC03-4D9D-8545-D902D6EB0543.jpeg

Edited by Leicester Ram

10 minutes ago, Amberram said:

Lucky to have club, forget about the shirts

At what point are we allowed to move on and discuss kits, signings, games, the nitty gritty without being seen as ungrateful that we still have a club to support?

If we lose tomorrow 5-0, do we just continue with the well we’re lucky to have the club, Cashin overhead kicks into his own net, well we’re lucky to have a club.

I don’t think you will find one fan that is not eternally grateful and ever forget what David Clowes did by rescuing the club, this season will have that continuation of the feel good factor from last season, but we do need to start bringing some normality back in now where we can say that third kit is shocking without being seen to be ungrateful.

1 minute ago, Alty_Ram said:

*Puts hand up slowly and says in small voice..* "I quite like them all.." ?

Yeah, I’m with you. The sponsor if and when added could compliment or ruin them so hard to make a final decision but currently Away, Home and Third is my order of preference. Really hoping the sponsor isn’t gambling related.

Looking forward to seeing them wearing it tomorrow, football is back! 

1 minute ago, David said:

At what point are we allowed to move on and discuss kits, signings, games, the nitty gritty without being seen as ungrateful that we still have a club to support?

If we lose tomorrow 5-0, do we just continue with the well we’re lucky to have the club, Cashin overhead kicks into his own net, well we’re lucky to have a club.

I don’t think you will find one fan that is not eternally grateful and ever forget what David Clowes did by rescuing the club, this season will have that continuation of the feel good factor from last season, but we do need to start bringing some normality back in now where we can say that third kit is shocking without being seen to be ungrateful.

Pretty much the same as I said (but with more words ?).

2 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

More words, less hair. 

That’s now my new motto, which is dangerous as I have a tattoo appointment coming up and my spontaneous nature will see that inked on me.

Great home kit, I'd have preferred white socks but I can live with the black ones. The only thing I'd change on the shirt is a narrower ban on the sleeve.

The second kit is ok but I've never been a fan of black football shirts. Was hoping for a retro yellow shirt.

Again with the third shirt ok but would have liked a diagonal or vertical black and white stripe on it.

So whenever they are made available, I'll be parting with my money in exchange for the white home shirt.

1 minute ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Yeah, I’m with you. The sponsor if and when added could compliment or ruin them so hard to make a final decision but currently Away, Home and Third is my order of preference. Really hoping the sponsor isn’t gambling related.

Looking forward to seeing them wearing it tomorrow, football is back! 

Yup ! Agree with all that and the order of preference. Horrible multicoloured logo could butcher all of them of course. We actually get away lightly as football fans with one main sponsor. The average rugby league shirt is just an advertising hoarding with enough room to make out the underlying colour and squeeze a club badge on. Even the backs are covered in a mess of different sponsor logos. All universally horrible.

This thread is pretty much the same every year; “love ‘em”, “hate ‘em”, “meh”, “?” etc.  I shall add my two penneth for more of the same.

At least this year’s home strip might be memorable; not sure I could identify the last few as they’ve been pretty bland.  I quite like them all actually. Better with a collar (I like the current ‘temporary’ kit actually) but you can’t have everything. 

Am particularly taken with the black one and having lost 2 stone recently might treat myself to one… might not look as ridiculous (marginally).  

The one year in my long ago youth that I was an almost full kit w***** was when we had black socks - which I still own. So happy with that!  

Either way, I’m just happy to have a club to support so they could wear bin liners for all I care ?

23 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Black socks…

We did it boys, we finally did it. There are tears in this old fools eyes.

This is for everyone out there who kept up the good fight and stood up for what they knew was right even when the whole world was telling them they were wrong.

Every year the new kit thread would start and every damn year we were in that thread demanding black socks. Well look who’s laughing now.

The tasteful Rams are on the up, enjoy the promotion season everyone ?

9C865173-E645-4F9A-8430-6A1CFAE3A205.gif

C6333F96-DC03-4D9D-8545-D902D6EB0543.jpeg

Your work here is done @Leicester Ram { @Leicester Ram at home sits back in his chair & lights a big Cuban cigar; outside church bells start to ring}.

15 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

Who knew Quantuma were going to be responsible for the new shirts?

Horrible the lot of them. A Primary school art class would have done a better job.

Teacher: ok children, today we have the Chief Designer from Umbro who wants your help…

Umbro Chief: On your desks you’ll find some Derby County shirts and a set of coloured fabric pens…just start to scribble on them and I’ll come round and pick the best…”.

"The club say they are currently in talks with a view to securing a new shirt sponsor, though this will not be in time for the start of the campaign.

"The front and back of the Rams’ shirts will begin the season without club sponsorship logos while positive discussions continue with several parties with a view to signing shirt sponsorship agreements," a club spokesperson confirmed."