Would you offer to play for free? So Wayne can plan a bit, which famous player would you compare yourself to?

The mind plays tricks. Imagine my pride at being told that I looked and played like Socrates. I naturally assumed the comparison was to the great Brazilian midfielder (‘the doctor’). It’s only recently I’ve understood that the reference was to the Monty Python philosophers football match 

Yes I’ll play for free if it will achieve practical benefit for the well being of society 

4 hours ago, RipleyRich said:

I would liken myself to Glen Hoddle

No, I  wouldn't play for free and I doubt any professional would pass up the chance of a paid contract out of any form of loyalty.

I've always loved that people say I remind them of Glen Hoddle on the football field, even though when I started out I modelled myself on Toddy. Hoddle was fantastic, but too many of them and perhaps you can't afford the luxury, especially in League One? Happily for Wayne, unlike @RipleyRichI would play for free so Rich can take his professional contract elsewhere and I'll don the black and white (while still campaigning for blue shorts) and ping pinpoint 60 yard passes around on our path back up through the leagues. 

Ian Wright.   According to Lee Dixon Wrighty always said "Stand in between the sticks, let the defenders chase around and you will score lots of goals. 

I am good at standing around, play twice a week year round, average 2 goals a game, ok, our scores are often 7-7 or so.  And as a 75 year old, short white guy Ian Wright is the obvious comparison.

I will play for nothing as any income may affect my tax level and my pension.

With me been a Hull boy and a bit lost in Aberdeen.

I would say I'm hungry, likes a bit of cheese, and an apple, a keen lad that weighs under 10 stone, hence the Adam Bolder likeness. Did you see what I did there!

I chatted with him before the Cardiff City game, he now lives where I was brought up, so the connection is a good one.

And we both coach Under 12's and I know he loves his Fish, Chips and Mushy Peas from Bob Carvers and admires the Humber Bridge. Good to get up high, when it's a bit wet below.

So yeah and I can play in goal also, so again I am the Andy Oakes in that position, who also played for Hull City and like me is hAndy in goals and likes Trees, no hang on that's not right..............I spoke to Andy and his wife on tour, can't remember if it was in Belgium / Holland, more probably Estonia / Finland and maybe Adam was there too, but I had a lot to drink and more importantly I'm still here, alive, fit and always ready and available to play for free for Wayne and Derby County.

Just let us know what day the medical is, so I can set my loud alarm clock.

Anyone got any spare socks, or better still a pair of socks, because my washing machine seems to eat socks, or whenever her indoors feeds the washing machine, I only ever get one sock back.......................or sometimes when my lucks in, I get the second one back a month later, but then can't find the first one, to put them back together again!

But don't let the sock thing put you off my availability for selection!

Up The Hully Gully Aberdeenshire Rams.