Matchday Thread v Blackpool Away (3pm Sat 30th April)

Mucker1884

Last away game of the season... first for a few years, for this particular half-fan!

Alas, Old Mother Lardy has not only started singing, but she's finished her rendition of Don't stop believin', thrown down her mic, and stormed off stage!  Mardy Lardy!

But that's no excuse to suddenly draw the stage curtains closed, switch off the lights, take down the disco-ball, and remove that oh-so-tight sparkly party dress!
The party continues... Long into the night!  

A celebration of the fight, the spirit, and the dedication shown by each and every one of our players, coaching team, and all those behind the scenes.
A time to stand together, with pride, as we once again belt out our own "Fight Song", and take a bow in homage to those that have travelled the length and breadth of the country all season, with gusto, unending faith, and constant fortissimo, despite the shackles that have continuously restrained, and the tortuous sniggers that have occasionally riled.

We'll save the last dance until next week of course, but for Saturday, we party hard.  We party loud.  We party proud. 
Let it be others that rue our upcoming departure.  Let us wave a cheery "Duck You!" as we divert past the "Preston Gentlemens Club" on our way home for one last time.  Let us leave with heads held high, not with our backsides sat on high horses!

Oh yeah... something, something football too... something team selection, something tic-tacs, something, something whatever, etc, etc.

??

4 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

"special occasion" as in "last appearance for the Rams for a lot of us".....? ?

Or “last away game in the Championship”. I’ve no doubt some/many will leave but I read it as he recognises it’s a special day out for us fans hence the travelling in big numbers.

27 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Wazza says there will be some changes. I think he will give Big Bart another go. He cannot be judged on one game . In 90 mins v Bristol he only got one chance to score . Can he get 20 goals in div1 ? We need to find out.

Sliding door moments 

1 hour ago, curb said:

What’s this half thing you speak of?

A/  I have not been a big quaffer of ale since I wisely stopped trying to keep up with the big boys, c.40 years ago!  Preferring spirits.
B/  I am driving there and back on the day, which I'd hope needs no further explanation nor defence!
C/  I may add a large slug of Baileys in my Cocoa, once I'm home safe and sound in my slippers (depending on result/mood etc.)
D/  Mind yer own business!   

The above are posted in no particular order, despite appearances.

???