Matchday Thread v Blackpool Away (3pm Sat 30th April)

Mucker1884

10 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

As club captain, Keogh should have stopped the lads from driving at all, let alone condoning it by jumping in.

This. 

The "poor me" stories and interviews that he and his agent arranged with the Times and the Guardian lost him any remaining scrap of respect or sympathy that I might have had for him. 

When I was 19 I recorded a voice message from an irate customer onto my phone, I was being encouraged by a more senior member of the team at this time to take that action, because it was an amusing message tbf. I played it back to a few fellow employees, they also found it hilarious.

A couple of days later I was hauled into the manager's and asked to explain what I'd done. Breaching data confidentiality was the answer in the cold light of day, immediate sacking. This was easier for them to do because I was only employed through an agency.

I knew I'd done wrong so I accepted that was my fate. I had to pack my stuff up and leave on that day. They very kindly said that they knew I was just being a bit naive, so it wouldn't be reported back to the agency who'd surely have let me go, offered me no more work.

I didn't contest it on the basis that I was being encouraged by someone else, who was given a 'harsh warning' but carried on with the job.

Should I have contested my treatment and claimed unfair dismissal? No of course I bloody shouldn't have, I was in the wrong  no matter how others behaved.

Do I had a grudge? No of course not.

PS. no idea why half of this post appears to be in red!?

Edited by Coconut's Beard

1 hour ago, Coconut's Beard said:

When I was 19 I recorded a voice message from an irate customer onto my phone, I was being encouraged by a more senior member of the team at this time to take that action, because it was an amusing message tbf. I played it back to a few fellow employees, they also found it hilarious.

A couple of days later I was hauled into the manager's and asked to explain what I'd done. Breaching data confidentiality was the answer in the cold light of day, immediate sacking. This was easier for them to do because I was only employed through an agency.

I knew I'd done wrong so I accepted that was my fate. I had to pack my stuff up and leave on that day. They very kindly said that they knew I was just being a bit naive, so it wouldn't be reported back to the agency who'd surely have let me go, offered me no more work.

I didn't contest it on the basis that I was being encouraged by someone else, who was given a 'harsh warning' but carried on with the job.

Should I have contested my treatment and claimed unfair dismissal? No of course I bloody shouldn't have, I was in the wrong  no matter how others behaved.

Do I had a grudge? No of course not.

Laughing face was just for the unexplained red lol! 

1 hour ago, Coconut's Beard said:

Should I have contested my treatment and claimed unfair dismissal? 

It would appear you are still seeing red over this incident. ?

10 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Sounds like you were in the same place as @uttoxram75.

8 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

We was where the top circle is. Sitting in the sunshine and could hear all the singing from the pub with the stickiest floor in the world?

ECC2D876-4BE7-4F67-B30C-18129EFD7A22.jpeg

Think we ended up next door but one...

Had spotted your post about The Craig Y Don Friday night, and your mugshot Saturday morning, plus I was aware the uttox flag was in town, so I can't deny I did seek you out... almost to amateur stalking levels... as I wanted to cadge a pint... I mean introduce myself!  ?
There was nobody sat outside that hotel when we passed (Maybe 12:30 ish?), and we ended up also sat in the sun, on the front (artificial) lawn just to the right of the horses nose at this place...

220b0s000000hju2i3E0F_R_550_412_R5_Q70_D

Missed opportunity?
Lucky Escape?

Neither of may never find out, now!  ??

4 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Had spotted your post about The Craig Y Don Friday night, and your mugshot Saturday morning, plus I was aware the uttox flag was in town, so I can't deny I did seek you out... almost to amateur stalking levels... as I wanted to cadge a pint... I mean introduce myself!  ?
There was nobody sat outside that hotel when we passed (Maybe 12:30 ish?), and we ended up also sat in the sun, on the front (artificial) lawn just to the right of the horses nose at this place...

Missed opportunity?
Lucky Escape?

Haha, must have missed you by seconds/metres Mucker. That's my hotel but we'd been trying to get in the Manchester but it was too packed, had a couple of cans stood outside then went back to the Craig y Don where my mate was staying and sat out there for a bit.

Not sure of the exact times but we would have passed each other for sure. I think the flag ended up with some of the others until the game - it all got a bit chaotic!

3 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

One last point to make about the whole weekend away at Blackpool.

I spent most of the day at work today humming "I think were alone now" by Tiffany. It seemed to be on in every pub we went in from Friday teatime to Sunday lunch.

I’ve still got jump around if your going down in my head, I think it will replace the bounce in the south stand on Saturday in response to the first Cardiff fan to taunt us.

22 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

I spent most of the day at work today humming "I think were alone now" by Tiffany. It seemed to be on in every pub we went in from Friday teatime to Sunday lunch.

The DJ in Ma Kellys played it twice in about half an hour

44 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Not sure if she still lives in Cannock.  My mates a tree surgeon and did some work at a house there.  He vaguely recognized her when he turned up and was a bit surprised when she advised him who she was.

3 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Missed opportunity?
Lucky Escape?

Well it was lucky that you were at the correct end of the horse.