Allsop v Roos

Seaside Ram

9 hours ago, Seaside Ram said:

Not as childish as the anti Roos morons who booed and sarcastically cheered him when he needed support. Derby's No1 ?

I agree. No room or need for either type of response.

Allsop = No. 1 (with Roos a very close second).

Just now, ramsbottom said:

I think they're both pretty average keepers and both have cost us points with mistakes over the season, but Allsop just edges it with his distribution.

I’d be a little more generous and describe them both as decent but not world beaters rather than average. I don’t watch a lot of other championship games but I suspect you’d find supporters from every club would say their keepers have made mistakes at times and cost them points.

I’d very happily keep them both next season (for the right wages of course).

Both good keepers, both capable of a worldie. Worried about Roos catching it sometimes.  Allsop seems more consistent and therefore gives me more confidence. 
Really pleased with Roos yesterday.. helps hugely as I think both could stay and both know our current CB’s who also might stay. Build from the back, solid foundations and experience. 

At nearly 1/3 of Roos' alleged cost, Allsop is £ for £ a better keeper. He's also better on crosses and with the ball at his feet. 

I'm pleased that Roos apparently played well today, but I doubt we can afford to match his current contract, so he'll probably be off. 

Just now, Crewton said:

At nearly 1/3 of Roos' alleged cost, Allsop is £ for £ a better keeper. He's also better on crosses and with the ball at his feet. 

I'm pleased that Roos apparently played well today, but I doubt we can afford to match his current contract, so he'll probably be off. 

Allsop probably wouldn't have got down to that deflected shot at the beginning of the second half. He would have been a bit more decisive in his six yard box, though.

Swings and roundabouts, really.

2 minutes ago, angieram said:

Allsop probably wouldn't have got down to that deflected shot at the beginning of the second half. He would have been a bit more decisive in his six yard box, though.

Swings and roundabouts, really.

Sure, there's not a great deal between them, which is probably why the nr 1 position went back and forth for a while. 

I think we'll struggle to keep both next year. I'd like to, I think we'd be in possession of two of the top keepers in League One, but for that reason I can see one going. And if Allsop goes I think you can't complain if it's Roos with the gloves for the full season next year. I think he's earned it.

If Roos does leave, I think he's been an underrated servant of the club and has shown immense patience and mental strength. He's been given a really hard time by our fans for years and years, has made some really heartbreaking errors, and has had long spells with no appearances at times. And it's been 8 and a half years. 

Still he remains here week after week, waiting for a chance, watching the team from the sidelines and supporting them from the bench. Not to mention his local community and charity work over lockdown

Say what you like about him as a goalkeeper but as a man, and as a professional, you cannot fault him.

21 hours ago, Seaside Ram said:

Roos saves a penalty ! There will be some gutted people on here tonight ???

Now lets just analyse this, 1st off it was one of the poorest pens taken that I've seen in a long while, Roos has a 50/50 chance of going the right way, He guessed right and right it went, Secondly and this is the most crucial of things...Roos was off his line before the ball was kicked, No VAR so no need for a check.

Not bashing Roos as he's decent just as Allsop is, If I'd have been in the sticks I'd have saved it ?

18 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Now lets just analyse this, 1st off it was one of the poorest pens taken that I've seen in a long while, Roos has a 50/50 chance of going the right way, He guessed right and right it went, Secondly and this is the most crucial of things...Roos was off his line before the ball was kicked, No VAR so no need for a check.

Not bashing Roos as he's decent just as Allsop is, If I'd have been in the sticks I'd have saved it ?

If you freeze it and watch it frame by frame you'll see that, whilst he was indeed off his line, it was only by a few inches so, I wouldn't describe it the most crucial of things. The most crucial of things was how poor the penalty was.

Having said that, Roos was one of the contenders for man of the match for me.

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

If you freeze it and watch it frame by frame you'll see that, whilst he was indeed off his line, it was only by a few inches so, I wouldn't describe it the most crucial of things. The most crucial of things was how poor the penalty was.

Having said that, Roos was one of the contenders for man of the match for me.

I Thank You ?

17 hours ago, Seaside Ram said:

Not as childish as the anti Roos morons who booed and sarcastically cheered him when he needed support. Derby's No1 ?

Was it booing? I thought it was the crowd shouting "Roooooos" in support... but has the same sound of course as a boo!

9 hours ago, Crewton said:

Where have you heard that from? I'm not saying you're wrong, but I'd be very interested to know which manager set a 'keeper signed from non league who has never had a full season as Derby's number 1 on such a relatively generous salary.

1 hour ago, Anon said:

Where have you heard that from? I'm not saying you're wrong, but I'd be very interested to know which manager set a 'keeper signed from non league who has never had a full season as Derby's number 1 on such a relatively generous salary.

Another poster posted all the players' alleged salaries from this website :

https://salarysport.com/football/sky-bet-championship/derby-county/

As you can see, his is purported to be a ridiculous £16,000 per week. I'm sceptical, but he did get a new contract after he'd established himself as Carson's replacement, so taking it at face value you can possibly understand my comments about value. 

1 hour ago, Magicman said:

Both average but Roos gives me nightmares with his poor command whilst Allsop is safer we need better in this summer. 

Do you honestly think we'll get better as a league 1 team?

For what it's worth, I think both are better than average for the Championship and certainly for League 1.