Promotion rivals watch

IslandExile

6 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

The play off runs with Wassell and Rowett were disappointing. And how did we lose to Villa with Mount -Wilson +Timori in the team? But I don’t think I will ever get over the Zamora final.

We lost to Villa because they were allowed to spend tens of millions of pounds more than us. The same has been true of all our playoff defeats going back to qpr

4 hours ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Lampard didn’t want us to get promoted because it made his decision to leave much easier. He already knew before the play off final that Chelsea were coming for him. 

And the circus that followed whether he was leaving or not was just comical. 

This is the biggest load of total utter rubbish I've ever read on any football forum anywhere anytime! To actually think that a top class professional sportsman ( a winner his whole career)would actually want the team he in charge of to lose a majorly important football match " to make going to Chelsea easier" is sheer lunacy! Imagine hoping to get your dream job on the back of failure? The whole idea is stark staring bonkers. I don't usually like the phrase but anyone who thinks this is feasible ought to go away and "give their head a serious wobble!?

20 minutes ago, Patrick Rams said:

This is the biggest load of total utter rubbish I've ever read on any football forum anywhere anytime! To actually think that a top class professional sportsman ( a winner his whole career)would actually want the team he in charge of to lose a majorly important football match " to make going to Chelsea easier" is sheer lunacy! Imagine hoping to get your dream job on the back of failure? The whole idea is stark staring bonkers. I don't usually like the phrase but anyone who thinks this is feasible ought to go away and "give their head a serious wobble!?

I agree with your post…………but he did play Mason Bennett up front ON HIS OWN in our biggest game for years ? 

4 hours ago, CBRammette said:

Although most of us thought funny at the time as for us fans it was a dream, the massive post Leeds playoff celebrations were really unprofessional from the management team as if season over. Can you imagine Rooney and Liam doing that?

I had no problem with the on pitch celebrations, the binoculars and the 'stop crying Frank Lampard' in the dressing room but the whole drinking thing was slightly concerning. We had won nothing.

The best team won today, and what surprised me was seeing an Alex Neill team playing football instead of kicking their opponents to pieces. Instead it was Wycombe who were very adept at putting their foot in. And they were simply not good enough today - a bit like their entire season in the Championship!

Edited by DavesaRam

9 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

The best team won today, and what surprised me was seeing an Alex Neill team playing football instead of kicking their opponents to pieces. Instead it was Wycombe who were very adept at putting their foot in. And they were simply not good enough today - a bit like their entire season in the Championship!

The game reminded me a bit of the Villa v Rams final, especially first half when we just weren’t in the game…

5 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Not really,  we were the better team for last 25 minutes against Villa. Wycombe finished with a whimper.

Thought Wycombe were on top until the killer second goal…was referring more to the first half in any case ?

11 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Thought Wycombe were on top until the killer second goal…was referring more to the first half in any case ?

Oh I only saw the last 30 minutes. Wycombe never laid a glove. But having checked the stats we had more possession than Villa, more shots on goal and more corners. Two silly goals given away really cost us that day. Plus the lateness of the subs.    No comparison in my view, Wycombe were well beaten.

Edited by PistoldPete

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

Oh I only saw the last 30 minutes. Wycombe never laid a glove. But having checked the stats we had more possession than Villa, more shots on goal and more corners. Two silly goals given away really cost us that day. Plus the lateness of the subs.    No comparison in my view, Wycombe were well beaten.

Have to agree to disagree Pistol, I saw the whole game ??