Promotion rivals watch

IslandExile

19 minutes ago, Crewton said:

If that happens, we'll know exactly what it's been like being a Forest fan for the last 10 years ? 

The play off runs with Wassell and Rowett were disappointing. And how did we lose to Villa with Mount -Wilson +Timori in the team? But I don’t think I will ever get over the Zamora final.

5 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

The play off runs with Wassell and Rowett were disappointing. And how did we lose to Villa with Mount -Wilson +Timori in the team? But I don’t think I will ever get over the Zamora final.

I actually expected us to beat QPR and we should have done. The train journey back with my son was quiet to say the least. Villa had Grealish, McGinn and Abraham plus some other decent players in their team and I thought they were slight favourites for that one, especially with Waghorn and Marriott not fully fit....

2 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Maybe because they both weren't fully fit...just a thought.....

Or maybe because Marriot wouldn't do as he was told, Nowt to do with not being fit, The old adage if your fit enough to be on the bench your fit enough to start...just a thought!

2 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Or maybe because Marriot wouldn't do as he was told, Nowt to do with not being fit, The old adage if your fit enough to be on the bench your fit enough to start...just a thought!

Or they both had just 20 mins in their legs.....just a thought Alfie.....

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I wouldn't dream of suggesting I know more about football than you Alf.......you are definitely a fountain of knowledge......

That I'm aware of.

"Or they both had just 20 mins in their legs"

Marriot came on on 63 mins...+7 mins added time=34 mins he shot for it to deflect off Waghorn on 81 mins

Waghorn came on on 69 mins +7 mins added time=28 mins he got the deflection from Marriots shot.

I believe if we had started with Mount in a middle 3 and Wilson on the right, Huddleston on the bench, Lawrence behind Marriot and Waghorn it would have given Villa far more to think about.

2 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

That I'm aware of.

"Or they both had just 20 mins in their legs"

Marriot came on on 63 mins...+7 mins added time=34 mins he shot for it to deflect off Waghorn on 81 mins

Waghorn came on on 69 mins +7 mins added time=28 mins he got the deflection from Marriots shot.

I believe if we had started with Mount in a middle 3 and Wilson on the right, Huddleston on the bench, Lawrence behind Marriot and Waghorn it would have given Villa far more to think about.

It certainly would have. I totally agree that the starting X1 was not our strongest....so was Lamps just telling porkie pies that they were both not fully fit??? Why would he do that???

13 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

It certainly would have. I totally agree that the starting X1 was not our strongest....so was Lamps just telling porkie pies that they were both not fully fit??? Why would he do that???

He'd had problems with Marriot leading up to the playoff final, In fact he had problems with marriot while at DCFC, Marriot would sooner have been with his mates on the golf course than becoming a better player, Hence him putting weight on when we loaned him out to Sheff Wed, He's an idle sod, Now he has a manager that seems to be getting out of him what we know he has, He'll be a force in league 1 next year.

As for Waghorn an injury may have been why he was on the bench, But while managers have an hole in their behind an injury is the easy way out when not picking/starting someone.

The poster boy is now at Everton, Lets see how he does with a full season in the premier league at Everton.  

42 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Because some Burk left Marriot and Waghorn on the bench ?

The same Burk that had a team fully motivated and on an incredible high after 'that' second half against Leeds, yet somehow sent out a team that looked like they'd never played together before.

Me wonders if his mind was on matters elsewhere ?

1 minute ago, Unlucky Alf said:

He'd had problems with Marriot leading up to the playoff final, In fact he had problems with marriot while at DCFC, Marriot would sooner have been with his mates on the golf course than becoming a better player, Hence him putting weight on when we loaned him out to Sheff Wed, He's an idle sod, Now he has a manager that seems to be getting out of him what we know he has, He'll be a force in league 1 next year.

As for Waghorn an injury may have been why he was on the bench, But while managers have an hole in their behind an injury is the easy way out when not picking/starting someone.

The poster boy is now at Everton, Lets see how he does with a full season in the premier league at Everton.  

Despite the issues with Marriot that I won't deny, he'd just got the very best out of him just a few days earlier. What would Marriot have thought about being benched after that performance?

As for being the poster boy at Everton, I give him till Christmas. He'll be found out soon enough.

1 minute ago, Unlucky Alf said:

So you agree Waghorn was injured at least and Marriott was a bit of a porker.....Lamps would have to be out of his mind to have played Bennett before those two.......I think we are basically agreeing Alf, great minds eh....

2 minutes ago, Addingham Ram said:

The same Burk that had a team fully motivated and on an incredible high after 'that' second half against Leeds, yet somehow sent out a team that looked like they'd never played together before.

Me wonders if his mind was on matters elsewhere ?

Marriot came on for Holmes and scored just before HT, 2nd was something else, Just like Everton's 2nd half against Palace ?, Fortune favours the brave they say.

Was his mind elsewhere, That'll be something only FL knows, We can all be right after the event, All a case of "what if"

9 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

So you agree Waghorn was injured at least and Marriott was a bit of a porker.....Lamps would have to be out of his mind to have played Bennett before those two.......I think we are basically agreeing Alf, great minds eh....

No. Read what I've posted.

7 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

No. Read what I've posted.

'As for Waghorn an injury maybe why he was on the bench'.......but you are suggesting there were other reasons why Waggers didn't start? Are you ITK Alfie.....share with us please......if Waggers and Marriott were fit to start, as you imply, Lampard needs shooting for his team selection that day...well not literally but......

3 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

'As for Waghorn an injury maybe why he was on the bench'.......but you are suggesting there were other reasons why Waggers didn't start? Are you ITK Alfie.....share with us please......if Waggers and Marriott were fit to start, as you imply, Lampard needs shooting for his team selection that day...well not literally but......

? ITK, At somethings where DCFC are concerned, Mainly due to players who have mixed with people I know, Professional people and the odd pi$$ head, You could say I'm a kind of Rebecca Vardy without an Instagram account,  As for injury's, Ask the Physio, Lampard or Waghorn.

2 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

We didn’t have a centre forward or a left back and we were rather slow in midfield with Johnson and Huddlestone in the Villa game  

Edited by Sparkle

1 hour ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Marriot came on for Holmes and scored just before HT, 2nd was something else, Just like Everton's 2nd half against Palace ?, Fortune favours the brave they say.

Was his mind elsewhere, That'll be something only FL knows, We can all be right after the event, All a case of "what if"

When might Marriot have been brought on if Holmes didn't get injured? 

Don't think Lampard's mind was elsewhere, just think he's an average manager.