Promotion rivals watch

IslandExile

2 hours ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Because some Burk left Marriot and Waghorn on the bench ?

Lampard didn’t want us to get promoted because it made his decision to leave much easier. He already knew before the play off final that Chelsea were coming for him. 

And the circus that followed whether he was leaving or not was just comical. 

16 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

When might Marriot have been brought on if Holmes didn't get injured? 

Don't think Lampard's mind was elsewhere, just think he's an average manager.

I didn’t think Holmes was injured, thought it was tactical ?

14 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Lampard didn’t want us to get promoted because it made his decision to leave much easier. He already knew before the play off final that Chelsea were coming for him. 

Don’t agree that he didn’t want to win the final, how did that make his leaving easier??? Surely he would have wanted to go out on a high either way….

26 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

My suspicions are the same as your Bald Eagle, The circus that followed and the clown that left shows what football is today...in the shyte imo 

33 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

When might Marriot have been brought on if Holmes didn't get injured? 

Don't think Lampard's mind was elsewhere, just think he's an average manager.

History shows in football that managers need some luck, Leeds keeper cocks up Marriott is on hand to capitalise, When would he have come on...maybe at HT as we'd have had nothing to lose.

Yep nowt special about the poster boy, As for his mind elsewhere...hhmmm pretty sure we all knew where he'd be the following season, I really felt for Cocu flying to the USA to meet the players, Nowt like being dealt a dud hand ?

3 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

History shows in football that managers need some luck, Leeds keeper cocks up Marriott is on hand to capitalise, When would he have come on...maybe at HT as we'd have had nothing to lose.

Yep nowt special about the poster boy, As for his mind elsewhere...hhmmm pretty sure we all knew where he'd be the following season, I really felt for Cocu flying to the USA to meet the players, Nowt like being dealt a dud hand ?

Yep. And Lampard didn't get it in the final. I think the 'he didn't really want to win' conspiracy theories are utter codswallop. He wasn't good enough to win. If he'd have won it'd really boosted his standing/credentials, as it was it was 'okay' and he was going anyway...

Edited by RoyMac5

24 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I didn’t think Holmes was injured, thought it was tactical ?

Must have been tactical to leave Holmes out if the squad vs Villa too then?

Waghorn was injured for both games vs Leeds and was only in the squad for the final as we had no one else

Nugent got injured in the first leg vs Leeds.

Marriott was struggling through all 3 playoff games... hence not starting a single one.

The squad as a whole was ravaged by injuries (and suspension) so much that we had two players on the bench who had never kicked a ball in a first team game before. Wisdom, Davies, Malone, Forsyth, Olsson, Bryson, King, Holmes, Nugent all ruled out.

10 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yep. And Lampard didn't get it in the final. I think the 'he didn't really want to win' conspiracy theories are utter codswallop. He wasn't good enough to win. If he'd have won it'd really boosted his standing/credentials, as it was it was 'okay' and he was going anyway...

Not playing Marriott in the final was just plain stupid. The lad must have been flying after the semi final. 

3 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

The play off runs with Wassell and Rowett were disappointing. And how did we lose to Villa with Mount -Wilson +Timori in the team? But I don’t think I will ever get over the Zamora final.

The defeat to Leicester left me feeling worse.

1 hour ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Lampard didn’t want us to get promoted because it made his decision to leave much easier. 

That is the biggest load of rubbish I've ever heard. You cannot seriously think that he purposely lost the final. He's said many times that not getting Derby promoted is the 'biggest regret of his career.'

Edited by Rammy03

14 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Although most of us thought funny at the time as for us fans it was a dream, the massive post Leeds playoff celebrations were really unprofessional from the management team as if season over. Can you imagine Rooney and Liam doing that?

16 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

They were fit. Poor team selection by manager and dodgy keeping from Roos cost us the game. Villa were there for the taking that day.

So we’re we - Bogle stood and watched while the Villa winger went past him and shouldered it into the corner and Roos sadly made a huge Wembley error whilst we hardly had any shoots at goal with any real purpose- I thought selecting Huddlestone was a big error 

23 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

That is the biggest load of rubbish I've ever heard. You cannot seriously think that he purposely lost the final. He's said many times that not getting Derby promoted is the 'biggest regret of his career.'

"Many times"? - really liked Frank as our manager when he was here, we had a fun season but how he acted that summer with a total lack of any respect for our club and fans and his apparent lack of any sentiment for us since going has made me dislike him and see through his PR gloss. Totally opposite to our Wayne - didnt like him through career, didnt want him as player or manager but what you see is what you get, proper footballing gaffer, loyal, gets on with it, and I have come to respect and adore him. Truly think if he had walked we would have no Derby County now

28 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

So we’re we - Bogle stood and watched while the Villa winger went past him and shouldered it into the corner and Roos sadly made a huge Wembley error whilst we hardly had any shoots at goal with any real purpose- I thought selecting Huddlestone was a big error 

Agree although we were clear underdogs. It was quite a negative line up. Villa barely had any shots either, best spell of any side in the game was when we were 2-0 down and we brought Marriott on. Thought Mount was best player on the pitch that day, Grealish was barely involved.