Promotion rivals watch

IslandExile

1 hour ago, BucksRam said:

Aw don't - I am actually starting to find it hilarious that despite everything that's happened to us, and where Notts Forest are concerned, who are having one of their best seasons for millennia, they still feel compelled to come on here and try and gloat.  Obsessed, bless them. Clearly harbouring secret desires to be a Ram.  Why else be that interested. 

100% with you on this one Bucks. That’s why I never sing “Forest are losing”. I don’t give a flying duck what they are doing.I’ve had fans behind me chattering on about “Forest are winning and they’ve only had 40% possession “ They are not in our league next season so let’s ignore them.Get off your phones and get behind DCFC.

On 21/04/2022 at 13:32, Augustus said:

This thread title for one, looking at which teams might compete with you for promotion. With more points deductions coming, a squad even my 8 month old could get a game with and an unproven manager I'd say the rivals you should be worried about are ones for relegation. 

I'm not allowed to swear at this womble of otherwise disregarded, unwashed and disease ridden gentlemen's regions?

World's on it's bottom.

Was in the away end at Swindon with FGR fans last night. Bumper away crowd for them, 692, including us two. 

They like a good moan , despite being top of the league. Referee was awful, so business as usual there.

I don't think Swindon will make the play-offs. Shame, they've got a whole extra stand they could open for us! 

Fans were very friendly - I wore my Derby coat. 

I think that we'll enjoy League One. 

20220426_195946.jpg

20220426_195942.jpg

30 minutes ago, angieram said:

Was in the away end at Swindon with FGR fans last night. Bumper away crowd for them, 692, including us two. 

They like a good moan , despite being top of the league. Referee was awful, so business as usual there.

I don't think Swindon will make the play-offs. Shame, they've got a whole extra stand they could open for us! 

Fans were very friendly - I wore my Derby coat. 

I think that we'll enjoy League One. 

20220426_195946.jpg

20220426_195942.jpg

That would be fun on a wet Tuesday night in February ?

1 hour ago, Foreveram said:

That would be fun on a wet Tuesday night in February ?

Well, there's always the bit we were in. Undercover and great view.

And- wait for this- fans who want to stand moved to back of stand so they weren't in the way of people who wanted to sit! We were gobsmacked!!

If you're really bored, you can play "Where's Wally" (Angie)? ? 

20220426_230411.jpg

2 hours ago, angieram said:

And- wait for this- fans who want to stand moved to back of stand so they weren't in the way of people who wanted to sit! We were gobsmacked!!

If you're really bored, you can play "Where's Wally" (Angie)? ? 

20220426_230411.jpg

You’re the one with the Derby coat on?

2 hours ago, angieram said:

If you're really bored, you can play "Where's Wally" (Angie)? ? 20220426_230411.jpg

Are you the lady doing a solo Poznan next to the stairs??

It'll be interesting to see how our odds change over the summer with the bookies depending on what kind of state we're in.

SkyBet currently have odds available for next season, obviously only the teams confirmed to be in the division are available at the the moment, so those that are still in with a chance of going up aren't included.

They have us as 9/1 to win the league, 11/4 to get promoted, and 10/11 to finish in the top six. We're second favourites for all markets behind Ipswich.

Surprised by that seeing as we currently stand to have next to no players, and still have restrictions in place for who we can bring in.

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

Come on then, own up, who works with a Wycombe fan on Pride Park? ? 

Screenshot_20220428-082355.png

I love how this joker has clearly desperately tried to find someone to say something to feed into his/her narrative of 'Arrogance' from our side. We haven't even been rescued yet and most of us are only too aware of that fact and even if that goes through we have no idea what our team will be and how competitive it will be. It's a bummer that we went down but yes, personally I AM looking forward to seeing some unfamiliar grounds because I genuinely like the feeling of some of the traditional/smaller stadia rather than the more polished soul-less identikit ones that you can get further up the leagues.

I simply don't believe that there is anything more than a tiny minority of fans who think that "all the debts have been cleared" and that "we are going to walk the league".... Utter horses**t.

Get used to this lads and lasses. It is going to be the standard rallying cry of anyone who sees us as being one of the big boys of League 1 next year. They'll find one knobhead on twitter claiming to be a Derby fan who shoots their mouth off and suddenly it'll be " See ! See ! The arrogance!! All Derby fans have a superiority complex and think they are going to win every game 45-0 with overhead kicks only... and.. and.. they said they'd only do it with one player on the pitch at a time... who's blindfolded... and missing limbs.... and and... they have asked for a 10-0 lead because they are such a massive club".

... yawn...

2 hours ago, Alty_Ram said:

I love how this joker has clearly desperately tried to find someone to say something to feed into his/her narrative of 'Arrogance' from our side. We haven't even been rescued yet and most of us are only too aware of that fact and even if that goes through we have no idea what our team will be and how competitive it will be. It's a bummer that we went down but yes, personally I AM looking forward to seeing some unfamiliar grounds because I genuinely like the feeling of some of the traditional/smaller stadia rather than the more polished soul-less identikit ones that you can get further up the leagues.

I simply don't believe that there is anything more than a tiny minority of fans who think that "all the debts have been cleared" and that "we are going to walk the league".... Utter horses**t.

Get used to this lads and lasses. It is going to be the standard rallying cry of anyone who sees us as being one of the big boys of League 1 next year. They'll find one knobhead on twitter claiming to be a Derby fan who shoots their mouth off and suddenly it'll be " See ! See ! The arrogance!! All Derby fans have a superiority complex and think they are going to win every game 45-0 with overhead kicks only... and.. and.. they said they'd only do it with one player on the pitch at a time... who's blindfolded... and missing limbs.... and and... they have asked for a 10-0 lead because they are such a massive club".

... yawn...

You follow my Twitter account then. 

21 hours ago, Alty_Ram said:

... yawn...

I love the way that these kind of anecdotes are routinely accepted by their target audience as a serious vox pop survey of fan attitudes, when in reality, even if they are true, they're more likely a few people winding-up or taking the p out of the individual concerned. 

Personally, I don't know any Derby fans who holds these views, so to represent them as typical is sheer confirmation bias.