Promotion rivals watch

IslandExile

It's a shame that Wycombe have such a parasitic owner because their story and meteoric rise is a good one. It's also one to be admired.

It's going to be interesting when we meet them again next season. No need for a motivational team talk. Just a simple, these scumbags tried to ruin this club in the chase for a quick buck. Go and stuff 'em. 

19 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

It's a shame that Wycombe have such a parasitic owner because their story and meteoric rise is a good one. It's also one to be admired.

It's going to be interesting when we meet them again next season. No need for a motivational team talk. Just a simple, these scumbags tried to ruin this club in the chase for a quick buck. Go and stuff 'em. 

I agree with your first paragraph but would change the second to: “the scumbag owner of WW tried to ruin this club……..”

As you say, it’s a shame their owner took the stance he did. Without his actions, we wouldn’t have anything against WW and their story has plenty to be admired.

16 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I'm a champion of the minnows, It's great to see the smaller clubs beat or out think/fight the bigger clubs, But a few things that I don't like, 1. They were promoted on some shitty % when their division was halted because of Covid not through finishing 1st/2nd or winning the play offs, 2. Their owner thinks that being a Chairman of Wycombe has given him such stature in the game that he deserves a payoff from some sort of skulduggery from DCFC, 3. The reason they're called minnows is because of their average gate attendance 5,658 for the season gone, 4. Having a manager with long hair and an open neck shirt showing off his chest with a necklace dangling round his neck shows I'm light years away from fashion.

My final point is this, When the fixtures come out and there's no red dog fixture my eyes will be directed towards Wycombe Wanderers home and away.

Do I not like Wycombe...I think Graham Taylor once said that ?   

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Have to agree to disagree Pistol, I saw the whole game ??

Fair comment but the stats show Sunderland had twice as many shots as Wycombe. Our play off final was much more even… although most of our efforts came in last 25 mins. 

anyway Wycombe stay down which is where they belong.