Player of the season

Chester40

Did we not give player of the season to the fans the year of relegation 2008 with the lowest points? So IF  we avoid relegation would be...

Player of season .... Derby county manager and squad 

Young players of the season.... Derby county academy 

This season has not just about one player as many names can be thrown in the hat . 

Seasons not over yet ... 

Edited by OUTSIDER

Curtis Davies by an absolute mile.

So many reasons why;

1. Played every minute of every league game (to date) at 36 having been a bit part player for the past 3 seasons. That shows tremendous dedication & fitness levels

2. His technique (especially comfort in the ball) has improved immeasurably this season, which has enabled him to fit in with a more progressive style of play. To manage that at his age shows his willingness to adapt to the team's needs

3. Defensive record - this team has been battered off the field all season but we've been competitive in all games because of a defence Davies has marshalled. His obvious relish for the fight has won us crucial points (West Brom away & Reading away especially) & given us the platform for wins, essential given how few goals we've scored. Currently doing a great job partnering inexperienced Cashin having lost the quality of Jagielka alongside him.

4. Character - the obvious captain of the side but no rancour after Lawrence was given the job. Curtis is a leader & is always rallying the team and fans on social media. He is an absolute top drawer bloke & we're lucky to have him at the club.

Honourable mentions for Lawrence (although let himself down a couple of times, most notably v Peterborough) & Max Bird, who has improved massively this season with additional responsibility.

YPOTY - quite a few contenders here but got to be Festy. Youth team to first team matchwinner (and heartbreaking exit) in 9 months. Honourable mentions for Plange & Cashin

Edited by LeedsCityRam

1 hour ago, CBRammette said:

Too early to say. Someone plays out of skin to keep us up and then unexpectedly signs contract on reduced wages - no contest

Isn't this exactly what Curtis has done for us during the past year? Came off the bench on the last day of the season, when still injured (risking any future career for the sake of the club), then signed a new contract on reduced wages ("through gritted teeth" I think he said) so that he'd be available for the first match of this season. 

48 minutes ago, Crazy said:

Isn't this exactly what Curtis has done for us during the past year? Came off the bench on the last day of the season, when still injured (risking any future career for the sake of the club), then signed a new contract on reduced wages ("through gritted teeth" I think he said) so that he'd be available for the first match of this season. 

Yes very good point - you have persuaded me!  Also felt so sad reading his instagram today. Didnt realise his mum had died recently 

2 hours ago, SirBrian said:

Jags who's loss for the club proved immense have we kept a clean sheet without him, wonder what the points stats with him in the team and since he has gone.

Curtis without doubt so far into the season

Exactly what I thought.

If we'd been able to retain Jags, I honestly think we would be out if, or very close to being out of the bottom three.

Before he left, player of the season would have been a tough choice between the two, since Jags left, only one winner for me.

Step up Curtis Davies. A club legend in these hard times.

Curtis Davies for me. 

I want to see him remain at this club for years and years. 

Looks like he lost his mum a few weeks ago but still turned out as if nothing happened. 

I love this guy not just as a footballer but an all round person too and I think player of the season has to reflect not just with a football at your feet.