Player of the season

Chester40

Curtis

Lawrence

Allsop

In that order for me.

Young will be a straight fight between festy and cashin. Unless someone like plange scores lots of goals in the remaining games to somehow keep us up.

5 hours ago, CBRammette said:

Yes very good point - you have persuaded me!  Also felt so sad reading his instagram today. Didnt realise his mum had died recently 

That explains Owen Bradley's comment about Curtis in one of the recent post match reviews - to the effect ‘given what he’s been dealing with off the pitch’. 
Curtis or Byrne for me. Byrne for his many contributions and the way he has guided a succession of young players on the right throughout the season - an old head showing a magnificent example - and Curtis just for being consistently magnificent on and off the pitch. 

A further thought.  Just as in whenever we fans were players of the season, I wonder if for this season only there is a case to make that every player (and member of staff) who has represented us should be a joint PotY?

I know you can argue that some have individually contributed more than others but in nearly 60 years of watching I struggle to recall another season when the collective will and spirit and performance has been so great, so positive and so committed.  It has been a peculiar season in many ways and so why not an out of the ordinary POTY award? 

Really brings it into context what a great guy he is and how important he knows that his role is within the team to keep on playing through a very personal passage of time  he certainly deserves to get the accolade this season, especially after being frozen out by the previous management regime, top man Curtis ! You have my vote !

8764DB79-4992-4EB9-84BF-47B230706F2E.jpeg