Matchday Thread: AFC Bournemouth vs. Derby County

cannable

I've just seen this picture on the DET website, captioned 'A Derby County fan in a Wayne Rooney mask'. 

Either his mask is poo, my eyesights poo, or it's just a normal Derby fan without any mask at all. 

Thoughts?

0_AFC-Bournemouth-v-Derby-County-Sky-Bet-Championship-Vitality-Stadium.jpg.e6cd336668e893560ef53a2196668d6a.jpg

7 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I disagree. I think when a figure as high-profile as Rooney complains about refereeing decisions it has the chance to have an effect. I'm sure he means it and he'd be right to, but he will also have learnt the art of influencing officials from Alex Ferguson. From now on it's vital referees go into every match knowing they're making mistakes not giving us decisions, and perhaps we'll get one. One day we might even get one that's not legit, though pigs will likely fly long before.

But we all know and see referees are influenced and sometimes have an agenda. For instance, Madley's brother went into that game against Burnley determined to send Chris Martin off come hell or high water, and he did that even though as was pointed out on TV afterwards by the pundits, Martin didn't commit a single foul or dive all game.

Some of understand this

19 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I disagree. I think when a figure as high-profile as Rooney complains about refereeing decisions it has the chance to have an effect. I'm sure he means it and he'd be right to, but he will also have learnt the art of influencing officials from Alex Ferguson. From now on it's vital referees go into every match knowing they're making mistakes not giving us decisions, and perhaps we'll get one. One day we might even get one that's not legit, though pigs will likely fly long before.

But we all know and see referees are influenced and sometimes have an agenda. For instance, Madley's brother went into that game against Burnley determined to send Chris Martin off come hell or high water, and he did that even though as was pointed out on TV afterwards by the pundits, Martin didn't commit a single foul or dive all game.

It was a penalty and it was a poor decision today.

But I think we as fans often ignore the decisions that go our way and remember the ones that don't.

Plange was offside vs Barnsley for the wonderfully worked goal, and there was also an offside in the build up to the equaliser vs Birmingham.

Now both games may well have ended up going our way anyway (dominating vs Barnsley prior to that decision) but you never know.  There have been plenty of occasions decisions have gone for and against us.  It's just human nature to remember the one's against more so.  

I don't want Rooney talking too much about it personally.  His accusation against officiating after the Cardiff game was embarrassing.  More maturity and professionalism required in those elements - not to take away from the unbelievable job he is doing.

21 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I guess what you're saying if Rooney is vocal enough about in his opinion poor refereeing decisions then given his status this should have a positive effect going forward on us?

Guess the acid test to that will be the amount of noise on matchday and other associated refereeing threads. 

19 minutes ago, SBW said:

But I think we as fans often ignore the decisions that go our way and remember the ones that don't.

Plange was offside vs Barnsley for the wonderfully worked goal, and there was also an offside in the build up to the equaliser vs Birmingham.

Now both games may well have ended up going our way anyway (dominating vs Barnsley prior to that decision) but you never know.  There have been plenty of occasions decisions have gone for and against us.  It's just human nature to remember the one's against more so.  

I don't want Rooney talking too much about it personally.  His accusation against officiating after the Cardiff game was embarrassing.  More maturity and professionalism required in those elements - not to take away from the unbelievable job he is doing.

The first goal v Barnsley was a marginal decision in our favour and despite seeing the goal a hundred times I cannot tell whether Plange was offside or not. In that game , Barnsley should have had a player sent off early on so I think on balance Barnsley had the better of the ref decisions last week... as they did again this week.

The Bielik goal v Brum was offside in the build up. But there was also a peno not given to us  , so again that made it quits on the day.

And er .. that's it. I cannot think of any other major decisions that have gone our way. All season. And dozens that have gone against us.

But we are also pretty poo when we play away from home and that doesn't help either.

27 minutes ago, SBW said:

Interesting that after Wayne went public about the refereeing agenda the next ref was the best one we have had in two years. IE since the efl saga started. Yes he still made a big mistake, but it was the only one, instead of the usual several key issues.

30 minutes ago, SBW said:

Excellent and honest post ??

33 minutes ago, SBW said:

Of course, football fans have selective memories and our fans aren't any different to those at any other club 

5 hours ago, jono said:

Getting tough now, squeaky bum time. Lucky the Reading lost, so the gap to 4th from bottom remains the same but we are now on the brink. Only wins will do. What is it ? 27 points to win. We need promotion winning form in order to survive. 

Looking at it tonight, Reading not so very hard to catch but Barnsley irritatingly stubborn 

11 hours ago, Rev said:

I've just seen this picture on the DET website, captioned 'A Derby County fan in a Wayne Rooney mask'. 

Either his mask is poo, my eyesights poo, or it's just a normal Derby fan without any mask at all. 

Thoughts?

0_AFC-Bournemouth-v-Derby-County-Sky-Bet-Championship-Vitality-Stadium.jpg.e6cd336668e893560ef53a2196668d6a.jpg

I watched them take that photo - it was a young lad, with a mask. That's my husband just over his right shoulder in the away shirt. It isn't a great mask, but it's distorted as pulled round his face.

It was boiling hot in that away end in the sunshine! 

9 hours ago, Topram said:

17 hour round trip nearly over… unfair battling against not just a side worth 50+ million but against once again ah awful ref,  not only unfair on players etc but fans that travel let down by awful decisions, team didn’t deserve it today 

10 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Looking at it tonight, Reading not so very hard to catch but Barnsley irritatingly stubborn 

We could finish in any of the bottom 4 places. Any one of the bottom 4 could survive. Want it to be us but I’ve a horrible  feeling it will be Barnsley

1 hour ago, StrawHillRam said:

We could finish in any of the bottom 4 places. Any one of the bottom 4 could survive. Want it to be us but I’ve a horrible  feeling it will be Barnsley

We are a better side than Barnsley, by some distance and have shown that over the course of the season. Yes of course as the number of games gets smaller, anyone coud put their best run of the season together and stay up. But there's no reason why we can't. Keep the faith.

9 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

We are a better side than Barnsley, by some distance and have shown that over the course of the season. Yes of course as the number of games gets smaller, anyone coud put their best run of the season together and stay up. But there's no reason why we can't. Keep the faith.

And red card the match officials before they even get on the pitch, then we might stand a chance.

11 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

We really need to start getting something away from home. Running out of games now, unless we are relying on those teams around us to perform worse than we do. A bit risky....