Matchday Thread: AFC Bournemouth vs. Derby County

cannable

Should have had a penalty but had the feeling today they would have gone up a gear at any point as we weren't on it. Always helps when you have a 21 million pound striker and millions more on the bench.  One of the few times this season they actually looked a bit fearful and just not up to the challenge . A bit odd in front of 10,000 or less locals banging plastic clappers together.  Two goals at the end of each half is always poor.  Subs looked totally lost which was odd.  In twenty minutes Eboseles speed and Knights energy should inflict some damage.  I literally have no idea why Plange is playing now.  His head went to Crystal Palace the day he signed, he is doing nowt which is frustrating as he was finding space and scoring before his move and he may as well have a fag and a paper in the centre circle at the minute. Must be 8/ 9 games since he got a goal. May as well try Lawrence up front as he got 16 goals up top for Ipswich.  Reading keep waving the white flag but we're not taking the chance.  Lack of the chance to add a striker in January and losing the organisation of Jagielka is starting to tell now.  Someone who could have got 7 or 8 goals might be the difference.

4 minutes ago, Miggins said:

Wayne talking to radio Derby just.

He thought we were the better team and we put in a very good performance.

First goal changed the game.

Decisions cost us the game.

Refereeing not good enough. No help from officials.

Good feel around the place from the fans.

No 

I wish Wayne would wake up and smell the coffee, complaining about refereeing officials every game won't change our points tally on the board.

We need to start influencing our own luck especially away from home and show more attacking intent.

If we don't have the players to do this then fair enough but the noise about the officials is becoming a distraction now from the real task in hand.

Edited by Tyler Durden

7 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

We’re not a bad side but our away form is poor. We’re competitive but we desperately lack creativity on the road.

It doesn’t help when decisions go against us. 

I agree with you, Bris. Without points deductions we are a mid-table side, away from home, playing a side who might just be promoted.

Decisions went badly and unfairly against us today. We are a mid table team playing a team in second place who have the home advantage and unlike Bournemouth we have so much extra poo to deal with both on and off the field. Given everything that is currently hanging over our heads I think we put in an excellent and spirited performance.

Getting tough now, squeaky bum time. Lucky the Reading lost, so the gap to 4th from bottom remains the same but we are now on the brink. Only wins will do. What is it ? 27 points to win. We need promotion winning form in order to survive. 

No use in my mind to talk about age vs experience or indeed tactics/performances. This is a tiny squad that have been burning reserves week in week out. The load is telling. We aren’t done ye,  but a home game would help them and us a lot.

Grim. Hoping against hope the lads keep their heads up. I’ll be cheering from the rafters regardless. 

jees we need some good news fast 

12 minutes ago, Thameram said:

we need to go with experience last 9 games forsyth,knight,stearman to come back in start grinding out results 

alsopp

byrne 

forsyth

stearman

davies

bielik

bird

knight

morrison

lawrence

ckr

use the youngsters as impact from now on get knight,morrison and lawrence in the box every chance we get 

Completely agree, I've been saying this for a while

1 minute ago, jono said:

Getting tough now, squeaky bum time. Lucky the Reading lost, so the gap to 4th from bottom remains the same but we are now on the brink. Only wins will do. What is it ? 27 points to win. We need promotion winning form in order to survive. 

No use in my mind to talk about age vs experience or indeed tactics/performances. This is a tiny squad that have been burning reserves week in week out. The load is telling. We aren’t done ye,  but a home game would help them and us a lot.

Grim. Hoping against hope the lads keep their heads up. I’ll be cheering from the rafters regardless. 

jees we need some good news fast 

Not neccessarily. It depends what the 4th bottom team does and luckily Reading are collapsing at the moment. Promotion form for 9 games is possible.

12 minutes ago, Yani P said:

I think we will beat Blackburn ... we were pretty good for a lot of the match today..its certainly still on.

Hope so but one goal in 5 away matches is dreadful. Wayne needs to change formation or something. Play Kazim and Plange from the start or do something different as the away record is abysmal. 

7 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Bournemouth hadn't been in great form either. 

A draw and a loss in their last two games but 4 straight wins before that. Not really poor form. Blackburn however have won just 1 in their last 8 and only scored 1 goal across those 8 games.

Edited by Rammy03

2 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

Hope so but one goal in 5 away matches is dreadful. Wayne needs to change formation or something. Play Kazim and Plange from the start or do something different as the away record is abysmal. 

Didn't think it was that dire until you've quoted the recent stats.

Must be the referees then

27 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

His head went to Crystal Palace the day he signed, he is doing nowt which is frustrating as he was finding space and scoring before his move and he may as well have a fag and a paper in the centre circle at the minute.

Hmmm… always thought he had a bit of the Callum Balls about him, to be honest. Just a bit of good form and nothing more.

Even his assist last Saturday was, if we’re being super-critical, under-weighted.

5 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Not neccessarily. It depends what the 4th bottom team does and luckily Reading are collapsing at the moment. Promotion form for 9 games is possible.

And the officials to get their decisions right ?